Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Someone using my spotify account?!!!

Solved!

Someone using my spotify account?!!!

Okay so I was using the web player of Spotify just now.. when the song paused and said "Someone else is logged in.. blah blah".. at first I thought nothing of it, and then it happened again. Searched it online and didn't think anything of it until I just looked at "Your Music" and saw a load of new playlists I've never created that it says I have indeed created?! I've changed my password, but what the flying **bleep**?!

Can someone please get intouch with me? My account username on Spotify account is andymanitara, thank you.

I would like to know the logs etc.. that's really kinda trippy!

EDIT: One playlist was all german songs, and I checked my email and I got a password reset email not too long ago, in german.. that i ignored?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @LikeAlcohol

If you have changed your password you have nothing to worry about, the person using your account will automatically be logged out 🙂

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @LikeAlcohol

If you have changed your password you have nothing to worry about, the person using your account will automatically be logged out 🙂

Haha yeah, but how did they gain access in the first place is what's concerning me?

Also the random password reset email that I never responded too that was in German!

@LikeAlcohol

Could you check this page for me? Does your email address appear there or is it an unknown email address?

My email address is there yeah!

Thanks for replying to me btw, appreciate it.

@LikeAlcohol

No problem!

Then you have nothing to worry about 🙂

The other person who used your account cannot access your account, if you want you can check if there is any unauthorized devices that saved music offline here

other than that your account is perfectly safe 🙂

Yeah I deleted those offline devices on there.

But I still want to know how they got into my account in the first place. Doesn't seem very secure?

The fact that I got a password reset email and then find out they got in to my account makes me worry about the sensitvity of my data. 

My profile has my postcode, telephone number etc..

Makes me wonder if there is a bug/ exploit or something?

@LikeAlcohol

As far as I know this is an isolated incident, Spotify takes user privacy very seriously.

how they got in? I personally don't know and I wouldn't worry about it, Spotify is constantly ensuring that security is up to standard, so chances are if there was a bug its already fixed 🙂

I have the same problem, but i have changed my password  once in a while but they still get hold of it and adding playlists so annoying, even listning to music when im on so i can hear what they listening to.....

Suggested posts