Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Someone using my spotify even if I logged out from every device?

Someone using my spotify even if I logged out from every device?

I am a premium user. Before Christmas I noticed that everytime I used spotify some song I NEVER would listen too would be playing on another device.I thought it was my sister and that her taste in music was having a weir music period. This went on for some time, also showing in recent searches and what I most listened too.

1-3 weeks ago I went in to use spotify and the same thing happened, but the other person wouldn't stop playing songs! Everytime I put on a song the other person would put on K-Pop...I called the members of my family to ask them to stop using it, but no one was using it... I thought I forgot to log out somewhere, logged into spotify and logged out of all devices + changed my password.

Today it happened again! I don't listen to K-pop but it shows up in recent and even playlists are showing up! No one in my family knows the new password and I have only logged in to my phone. Is this a way to advertise for spotify or is someone always hacking into my account (I get it if it was my Facebook or e-mail, but spotify?) and what should I do? If this is spotifys way of advertising or this problem continues, I am cancelling my account after almost 10 years... that would be sad and time-consuming since I need to move all my playlists.

1 Reply

Hey @Pøzl, thanks for coming to the Spotify Community.

I’m sorry to hear you think someone else has gained access to your Spotify account. Please check out the FAQ page ”Someone else has gained access to my account” here for the next steps to take.

Thanks!

HuboSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts