Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Someone was using my accont before me, how can I reset everything and start from the beginning?

Solved!

Someone was using my accont before me, how can I reset everything and start from the beginning?

Hello, I am a new user who has activated an account (family premium or something) a few days ago. I was busy with college and work, so I decided to get a proper profile and settings a bit later, then this happens:

Some peruvian dude got access to my spotify account and signed up with his facebook account, so I have a bunch of recommended songs/friends/playlists who doesnt belong to me! Alright, I first tought it would be easy to get rid off, started desync'in his fb account and devices, sync'd my own fb account, getting a new photo and so on... But nay!

Some places keep showing his name and his photo reffering to the owner, and it is REALLY pissing me off. I don't want to get a secondary email to attach to a very personal device such as Spotify (with my Facebook sync'd!!!!) so I can be able to get a brand new account.

I have full control of my Spotify now: acc, email, fb passwords. Is there a way to "hard boot" the account so I can get rid of this hackin moron name and pics showing into my OWN account? Im sorry, I am very pissed about this and his photo appears to me everytime (oh, and YES ive changed the photo, name, fb, but the system doesnt seem to recognise it and keeps on reffering to me as the hacker).

Thank you!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @mant0vani

So you have disconnected their Facebook account, and connected yours?

It can take a few days (usually 1-2) for the account name and profile picture to update. Try logging out and back in frequently to double check if it has been updated yet.

You can delete their playlists and everything that was theirs in "Your Library". If you go to the "following" section of your profile you can unfollow everything they followed.

All of the music recommendations can take about a week or so to update. Just start listening to things you like and the recommendations will update to your music taste.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @mant0vani

So you have disconnected their Facebook account, and connected yours?

It can take a few days (usually 1-2) for the account name and profile picture to update. Try logging out and back in frequently to double check if it has been updated yet.

You can delete their playlists and everything that was theirs in "Your Library". If you go to the "following" section of your profile you can unfollow everything they followed.

All of the music recommendations can take about a week or so to update. Just start listening to things you like and the recommendations will update to your music taste.

MattSudaSpotify Star

Alright, I will give it some time and try to ignore the dude's face popping to me. Deleted everything possible, thanks for your time.

Reply back if you still have trouble in a few days

MattSudaSpotify Star

Suggested posts