Premium

Country

Denmark

Device

Pc, MBP, Huawei

Operating System

Windows/OSX

My Question or Issue

Someone was using my account for some days, but It seems more like an error in Spotify than someone had hijack my account. It seems like someone from another country. Really really wierd. It didnt work to reset devices or anything

Now everything seems to be back to normal, but they deleted all my playlist (and was making their own) I had made 1000 of 1000 playslist so its really really sad.

Anyone knows something about this?

And can I recover all my playlist and folders?  (I have recovered all that is, throuh to recover page, but now there is only the playlist made by the hijacker left

6 Replies

Hi @alloedee!

Sorry to hear that you think someone else has gained access to your Spotify account. Check out this Spotify Answer for the next steps to take.

As far as how to recover your playlists, you should be able to see all your deleted playlists from your account page and recover them, can you? If not, that might mean you're logged in with another account.

Hope this helps and let me know if there's anything else I can help with!

Jose_MSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Thx mate

It seems like its possible to recover the playlist afterall. I just have to be patiences. I can recover 3-4 playlist at a time, and when wait, refresh and repeat. Its gonna take some time. 3-4 hours maybe. But all my folders are gone 😞

I other user is gone. But tried everything to get rid of them. Removed devices, change password and so on. But nothing.

And it was deffently not someone from my network, so it does'nt seem to be because I have left my account logged in on someone else’s device. I use facebook for login, so some should hack my facebook.

So I think its was a glitch or error in spotify. The user also didnt seemed to be aware that they was using someone else account.

Have this happen before or for other people?

Now I know why I think the person who was hijacking my profile isnt from my country or deffently not from my network.

They use the word Musica for playlist, so It must be someone from spanish speaking country.

But anyways, now I cant recover more playlist. The spotify recovery page says:

"You haven't deleted any playlist"

But I havnt recovered more than 2-5% of the deleted playlists.

What do I do?

Hey @alloedee!

I'm glad you could recover some of your playlists.

However, the other issue sounds odd. If you already chagned your password and removed offline devices, you shouldn't have this issue.

I'd also suggest changing your email/Facebook password just in case. If this issue continues, I'd recommend reaching out to Spotify.

Hope this helps and let me know if there's anything else I can help with!

Jose_MSpotify Star

I did everything. Change my facebook password and so on. But it did not help, also therefor I think it wasnt on purpos and a error of some kind. Seemed like kids fra a Spanish speaking country.

But most of all I want my playlists back. As said, I recovered 2-5 % but now there is this message:

"You haven't deleted any playlist"

But It could also be nice to know what happened, and could it happen again?

Hello @alloedee!

You should make sure you are logged in with the right account 🙂 You can find more info here.

You can also find more help with your accessed account here.

Hope this helps and let me know how things go!

Jose_MSpotify Star

Suggested posts