Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Someone was using my email

Someone was using my email

My family bought the family plan and today I was going to use spotify for the very first time. However, I was told my email was already attached to an account (?). I was able to change the password and log in for the very first time in a account that already existed, for my surprise

I changed some of the info of the account, but I couldn't change the login (that isn't even my name).

How can I change my username?

3 Replies

Hey @user-removed,

Unfortunately, for the time being, it’s not possible to change usernames.

You need to create a new account with a different email address from the one you're using (Tip: don't use the one you use for Facebook). That will give you a different Spotify username of your choice.

After that, change the email account on the first account, and you should be free to use it as registered email in the second account (which has the username of your choice).

Hope it helps. 🙂

osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I appreciate the sugestion. Although, I'm going to lose the lists I've already created, and I think it is my only option.

I already created a new account, but I'd like to erase the other one. How can I do that? I couldn't find it.

Thanks.

@user-removed

You need to follow this link. Look under 'Account' > 'I want to close my Spotify account permanently'. Once done, you'll receive an email to confirm. If you didn't use Facebook to create the account you'll get an optional link to reactivate the account within 7 days.

Be aware that the email address linked to the account my not be used again to create another one. 🙂

osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts