Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Something really strange happened to me this morning

Solved!

Something really strange happened to me this morning

Hi, i wanted to share the experience that i had this morning, that really weird me out, in hopes of getting an explanation of what could have happened.

So what happened was that i opened up the spotify app in my cell phone to listen to some music, as i do everyday, but to my surprise someone else was already using my account and had deleted all my playlists and created new ones, this came as a shock to me as I don't share my account with anyone, so i immediately opened spotify's website and closed all the accounts, after that i changed my password and restored all my playlists, so no harm was made, but i still think that this is worth mentioning.

I'm writing this post as i dont really know what happened and how it happened, so if someone could help me understand this two things i would be really grateful.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english, that's not my native language

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi, and welcome to the community!

Unfortunately a full explanation for what happened will be unlikely, these things happen from time to time to a very small fraction of users on any company.

Given that a corporation as major as SPotify is very difficult to hack it is more likely that quite simply there was a virus on one of the devices you use Spotify on that took your login data and then the hacker got in.

Either way, there is a 99.99999% chance it won't happen again to you so provided your password is changed, you should be all set to listen without hinderance.

Anthony

This post was by Taylor - I do not work for Spotify!
If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution! If you like my post - Please add Kudos!
||  Spotify Profile - Taylor   |  Feel free to PM me - Here  ||

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi, and welcome to the community!

Unfortunately a full explanation for what happened will be unlikely, these things happen from time to time to a very small fraction of users on any company.

Given that a corporation as major as SPotify is very difficult to hack it is more likely that quite simply there was a virus on one of the devices you use Spotify on that took your login data and then the hacker got in.

Either way, there is a 99.99999% chance it won't happen again to you so provided your password is changed, you should be all set to listen without hinderance.

Anthony

This post was by Taylor - I do not work for Spotify!
If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution! If you like my post - Please add Kudos!
||  Spotify Profile - Taylor   |  Feel free to PM me - Here  ||

Thanks for replying so quickly 🙂

This happened to me this morning and I only use spotify on my work phone, work computer, and home computer.  I don't see how any of these could have a virus since work is locked down tight and my home computer is 1.) a macbook and 2.) I haven't installed any software in years.  Could someone have gained access to my devices over the air directly?

I will say, while 'no harm done' is nice to say at this point with my playlists, it's feels very uncomfortable that someone gains access to my private account.  Are these stealing jerks being flagged somehow?  There is an android phone on my account that is not mine.

Actually, I just realized I don't use Spotify on my home computer.  Just my IOS Devices (iPhone, iPad) and Work Computer... which is behind many levels of security.  

Could someone have gained access to my devices over the air directly?

Suggested posts