Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Somone's speaker is connected to my Spotify account!!!

Solved!

Somone's speaker is connected to my Spotify account!!!

I live in a rental house at the moment. A couple of days ago I was listening to music on my phone, then all of a sudden my music stops, and it says at the bottom that a speaker named "Yessir Speaker" is connected to my phone and is playing music. I know it has to be someone from this neighborhood who's doing this. I don't know anyone here. And the houses are literally inches away from each other so someone can easily connect. I contacted Spotify correctly and they basically told me to do the same thing I was doing from the beginning, which didn't work. I reset my password twice, and it still happened. I looked up how to disable Spotify connect and i couldn't get anywhere. Can someone please help me??

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey, @ohmanohgosh 
Welcome to Spotify Community and thanks for reaching out here!

Try to go to your account page and remove any app from Smart speakers that may be connected to your Spotify account. After that, I do recommend that you change your password.

Also, you can go to your account page and click SIGN OUT EVERYWHERE as well.
It's also strongly advised that you change the password for:

• The email address associated with your Spotify account (e.g. with Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
  • Any Facebook profile associated with your Spotify account. You can make sure you're the only one currently logged into your Facebook in your Facebook Settings, under Security and login > Where You’re Logged In.
  • Any service where you use the same password as Spotify.

And you can get more information about how to protect your account here.

If you have any other further questions or need more help, let me know! I'd love to help!

Best Regards,
hezorg

LuanSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey, @ohmanohgosh 
Welcome to Spotify Community and thanks for reaching out here!

Try to go to your account page and remove any app from Smart speakers that may be connected to your Spotify account. After that, I do recommend that you change your password.

Also, you can go to your account page and click SIGN OUT EVERYWHERE as well.
It's also strongly advised that you change the password for:

• The email address associated with your Spotify account (e.g. with Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
  • Any Facebook profile associated with your Spotify account. You can make sure you're the only one currently logged into your Facebook in your Facebook Settings, under Security and login > Where You’re Logged In.
  • Any service where you use the same password as Spotify.

And you can get more information about how to protect your account here.

If you have any other further questions or need more help, let me know! I'd love to help!

Best Regards,
hezorg

LuanSpotify Star

Thank you!!!! I'll definitely give this a try. 

Sure! And don't forget to keep me posted about your case. I'd love to continue helping you, if necessary.

Kind Regards,

hezorg

LuanSpotify Star

I removed any Smart Spreakers from my account. And I'm pretty sure it worked!!👍🏽

Hey there @ohmanohgosh,

Glad to hear that @Luan's advice did the trick!

Don't hesitate to give us a shout here in the Community if there's anything else we can help with 🙂  We'll be happy to lend a hand.

spotify:track:27qotQVQhYKErNpqRkxjTI

KaterinaModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

Suggested posts