Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Song not available in your country?

Solved!

Song not available in your country?

Hi, I recently noticed that a song I used to have in a playlist now like to something entirely different. It was supposed to be Gary Jules - Mad World (from the movie Donnie Darko). When I try to search for it I only get covers/tributes as a result. And when I followed a spotify link from the internet i get the following message: "This track is currently not available in Sweden..."

Can it possibly be something as stupid as a regional rights issue? Please enlighten me in this, here i was under the impression that the internet was global.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Looks like the track you were referring to is again available in Sweden: https://api.spotify.com/v1/tracks/511ndT2nNWnvAzPdzo8wBO .

What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?

View solution in original post

19 Replies

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂

Any content that is missing is normally down to the record label or rights holders with holding those tracks from Spotify, sometimes to push up physical and download sales. There are also some big names, such as AC/DC and Led Zeppelin who have chosen not to be part of Spotify. You are correct, unfortunaltey music rights and licenses vary between countries so just because music is on Spotify does not mean it will be available to everyone.

Have a read at the Music FAQ topic for a little more information on how music is added to Spotify and a request form.

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

My brother is listening to an album demo on spotify right now, but when I try to go on my laptop and listen to it, spotify tells me that the tracks aren't available in the US. What is going on?

Got a link to the content (Right Click > Copy Spotify URI)?

Peter

One thing is that a certain song is not available in my country, but why are e.g. the playlists not country specific so that you avoid having songs not available? This phenomenon causes my Squeezebox Touch to stop and to remain stopped until I press next manually which is rather irritating!

Regards

Lars

That is an issue with the Squeezebox implementation of Spotify and doesn't affect other platforms. Annoyingly the Squeezebox implementation appears to not be able to handle the unavailable tracks and re linking to available content like other apps can.

Peter

Marked as solution

Looks like the track you were referring to is again available in Sweden: https://api.spotify.com/v1/tracks/511ndT2nNWnvAzPdzo8wBO .

What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?

spotify:album:6OZCAe0A2JJpnGToUDckxl this song is not available in norway...

Hello, can you help me why All My Love - Becky Hill, Watermat not available in Hungary?

spotify:track:3zxy6EGpWMovCTuxqgmVsn

I was wondering why I can't listen to Freddy Kalas - Feel da Rush and Admiral P - Vi lever?

It seems to work for some of my friends that are also Norwegians living in the US for a year.. 

@Luna1991

The availability of music on Spotify is up to the artists and their music label.

If the music is unavailable, the artist or their music label has likely decided not to make it available in Spotify. 

Sometimes the music is only available in certain countries, while access is blocked to others.

Sometimes the album or song will be unavailable temporary, and come back again later.

Both are available in these countries:

AD AR AT AU BE BG BO BR CH CL CO CR CY CZ DE DK DO EC EE ES FI GB GR GT HK HN HU ID IE IS IT LI LT LU LV MC MT MY NI NL NO NZ PA PE PH PL PT PY SE SG SK SV TR TW UY

Not available in:

CA FR MX RO SI US

If the country in your profile page is one of this last six, you won't be able to listen to them.

More info here:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Content-Questions/I-want-an-artist-song-on-Spotify/td-p/1136005

osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Help! Why is 'Phineas y Ferb' (Spanish album) not availible on the UK account? Anyone know any solutions?

Hi! I'm from Sweden and I've a premium account but I can't listen to some song of Leoni Torres!!! Like this one: spotify:track:1YFJeekXP5q8PZSFlsCZWm  
All the sudden they became unavailable! First the lyrics are gone from spotify and now a lot of my favs songs are missing!?... 

Hi

I have some tracks on some of my playlists from the album Arrasando by Juan Formell and Los Van Van that are not available anymore (Un Tumba' O Pa' Los Dos, Dame La Luz, Arrasando, Me Mantengo)

Hope you can help

BR, Jakob

https://open.spotify.com/album/6PjIFQFTK5UX9yVCuL73dx

Can't listen to any of them??

Hello

new songs from French Artist (La FOuine) are not available in Portugal

Why is that?

and if its a bug how can i have them back

because a couple months ago i was able to listen to new songs from him (Comme em 96, Pour les vrais, RUE) and even he's album CDCC

but now they are gone

and i can only listen to songs and albums from years ago

PLEASE HELP

thank you

Hey @juliogtg

The availability of music on Spotify is up to the artists and their music label.

If the music is gone, the artist or their music label has likely decided to not make it available in Spotify. 

Sometimes the music is only available in certain countries, while access is blocked to others.

Sometimes the album or song will be unavailable temporary, and come back again later. Hopefully it will come back later.

Contacting the artist is a good way to let them know you miss their music in Spotify.

More info here.

osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I have the problem with this one. Is there any chance that it will be available later here?

https://open.spotify.com/album/3b0zfufoaogBcDwTRWiYpw

I feel the same way. In the United States and lost a few songs from La Fouine here too. Can't even listen to the new Mohammed Salah track. Wonder who to contact to get his music back...

Suggested posts