Song not available in your country?

Solved!

Song not available in your country?

Wiggin

Hi, I recently noticed that a song I used to have in a playlist now like to something entirely different. It was supposed to be Gary Jules - Mad World (from the movie Donnie Darko). When I try to search for it I only get covers/tributes as a result. And when I followed a spotify link from the internet i get the following message: "This track is currently not available in Sweden..."

Can it possibly be something as stupid as a regional rights issue? Please enlighten me in this, here i was under the impression that the internet was global.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution!

Re: Song not available in your country?

donbex
Roadie

Looks like the track you were referring to is again available in Sweden: https://api.spotify.com/v1/tracks/511ndT2nNWnvAzPdzo8wBO .

What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?

View solution in original post

19 Replies

Peter__
Community Legend

Hey! Welcome to the community :)

Any content that is missing is normally down to the record label or rights holders with holding those tracks from Spotify, sometimes to push up physical and download sales. There are also some big names, such as AC/DC and Led Zeppelin who have chosen not to be part of Spotify. You are correct, unfortunaltey music rights and licenses vary between countries so just because music is on Spotify does not mean it will be available to everyone.

Have a read at the Music FAQ topic for a little more information on how music is added to Spotify and a request form.

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

bowe1

My brother is listening to an album demo on spotify right now, but when I try to go on my laptop and listen to it, spotify tells me that the tracks aren't available in the US. What is going on?

Peter__
Community Legend
Got a link to the content (Right Click > Copy Spotify URI)?

Peter

LarsN
Casual Listener

One thing is that a certain song is not available in my country, but why are e.g. the playlists not country specific so that you avoid having songs not available? This phenomenon causes my Squeezebox Touch to stop and to remain stopped until I press next manually which is rather irritating!

Regards

Lars

Peter__
Community Legend
That is an issue with the Squeezebox implementation of Spotify and doesn't affect other platforms. Annoyingly the Squeezebox implementation appears to not be able to handle the unavailable tracks and re linking to available content like other apps can.

Peter

Solution!

donbex
Roadie

Looks like the track you were referring to is again available in Sweden: https://api.spotify.com/v1/tracks/511ndT2nNWnvAzPdzo8wBO .

What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?

View solution in original post

aleksiusalvaro
Casual Listener

spotify:album:6OZCAe0A2JJpnGToUDckxl this song is not available in norway...

Recze

Hello, can you help me why All My Love - Becky Hill, Watermat not available in Hungary?

spotify:track:3zxy6EGpWMovCTuxqgmVsn

Luna1991

I was wondering why I can't listen to Freddy Kalas - Feel da Rush and Admiral P - Vi lever?

It seems to work for some of my friends that are also Norwegians living in the US for a year.. 

SUGGESTED POSTS