Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Songs by artist A.K. being added to my playlist

Solved!

Songs by artist A.K. being added to my playlist

Edit: Still having this issue with it persisting for over 2 weeks now. I really hope the mods here can mark this as still not solved because clearly the "Solution" is not working. This is ridiculous coming from such a large company with a large population of members. I have been a listener for quite some time now and have had premium for most of that time. Another thing I noticed is that my Premium plan changed from the normal $10 plan to the family plan for no reason and I got charged the $15. I never chose the family plan because everyone I know is either already on a family account or has their own premium. If you're having this issue I still recommend resetting your passwords and Unfollowing A.K. For now I've been just double checking before I leave the house every morning removing the songs if they pop up again. I really hope that someone actually important and can get things done around here sees this post and looks into the issue further. As a Community Manager of a 30k member gaming community I can safely say Spotify has some serious issues when it comes to community support and addressing issues with their platform.

Plan

Premium

Country

US

Device

Galaxy S8 and PC

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

Over the past week I've had random "A.K" songs added to pretty much all of my playlists. It also shows that I'm following A.K. When it first happened I just removed the songs from the playlist, but every day it seems to keep popping up. I have Premium and every time I look this issue up it's always with the "Free plan Suggested songs". I don't even know what A.K is and their "Music" is low key kinda trash ngl. So let's keep this**bleep** off of my Metal playlists spotify. Thanks.

65 Replies

The exact same thing happened to me. 5 AK songs added to all my playlists. Then yesterday when I was driving it came up saying Lennon's iPhone is playing this song and my playlist changed to a different one. About 30 minutes after I reselected my playlist the same thing happened again but this time from someone named Adelaine's iPhone. I've now changed my password and logged out all devices but if this has happened to the both of us then clearly it will be happening to others.

yeah same thing happened here same band different songs i think. I already removed them so hard to say they were added three days ago at the second to top of a over 600 song long playlist. considering what happened it seems to either be some form of error on spotify's end causing this new artist to how up on peoples playlists or some form of bot through a security breach. But honestly if it is that this is very tame of a thing to do

Hey @cyanidefun,

Thanks for telling us about this! 

It's good that you've taken care of your account by following the steps to secure it. If you notice any artists that appear fraudulent, like the ones the other users mentioned above, feel free to send us screenshots or their artist names. That way we can make sure we report the content right away and prevent things like this happening in the future.

Keep us posted!

PetyaModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Hi @Kaniikaniit and @sheriryan8,

Thanks for telling us about this, giving us screenshots and detailed descriptions of what happened! 

In addition to what @Mario said, we'd like to tell you that we've reported these fraudulent artists and streams so their music content won't go unnoticed.

Keep us posted if you see anything like this again, so we can take the necessary actions from our side as well. 

We're here for you! 

PetyaModerator

Hello everyone,

Thanks for reaching out in the Community about this!

Just wanted to jump in with some additional steps for you to secure your accounts from unwanted content being added: Head to your account page and check if there are any third party apps listed you don't recognize and make sure to "Remove Access" for those.

For full information on why seemingly random songs might be added to your playlist, we recommend you check out this Spotify Answer.

Hope you'll find this info useful. Just give us a shout in case you have any other concerns.

I think it's safe to say at this point nobody is "Hacking" our accounts. This is clearly a wide spread issue that 100's of thousands of people are having. I've noticed that after posting this, that I am no longer having these songs added. I did also go and Unfollow A.K which is what I recommend everyone here to do. Basically how to fix this until spotify fixes this is to just unfollow A.K or any other unwanted artist and they should stop being added.
Note: I have not changed my password.

buffaloyj_1-1579508873480.png

Same problem here. These terrible songs kept popping up in EVERY one of my playlists. Just a guess, but some dirtbag possibly got hold of our logins and wrote a script to just keep logging in and adding these songs to playlists. Do it enough times, and they'll be making bank on all of the folks who just let their playlists play through everything. They'll just keep collecting $ from Spotify for every play. I "logged out everywhere" and changed my password, so hopefully this stops happening.

Also got these two artists' songs added to all of my playlists: A.K. and Yas T. 

About 6-8 songs total. They also "Liked" some artists songs so make sure to check your Liked playlist. I changed my passwords but last night they "recovered" the password by sending a link to my email and apparently they clicked on the link. So I had to repeat the process, logged out Spotify everywhere, changed my email passwords and then changed my Spotify password. I hope this solves it, we will see.

ALSO, SPOTIFY please find out about this issue and FIX it for us!

It would be nice if Spotify would stop saying "we are looking into it" or spamming us with how to update a password. 

I'm ready for a class action if no one is going to fix it. Plain and simple.

This is happening to me to and it is annoying, making my Spotify experience intolerable. I have signed out everywhere and think Spotify needs to seriously address this immediately or they will be losing a customer. 

Don't bother contacting Spotify about this. I just wasted 80 MINUTES of my life on a support chat. They locked me out of my own account and never addressed the actual issue. Clearly this is a bigger issue beyond my password if its happening to all of us.

After this experience I am definitely ready for a class action.

• To the moderators and community RockStars, what is going on with this? I’ve followed the directions as far as password changing and protection, signing out of connected apps, etc. The problem persists. I even went so far as to select the option for Spotify not to play these two artists, that seemed to work. BUT!!... the songs reappear! What. Is. Going. On?? The answers & suggestions we’re getting to resolve this are ineffective and a waste of time. I imagine with all these people on this thread and others (per google), there must be enough reports of this to at least have better answers and a solution. 

If this thread is all we get as far as a solution and prevention, that is absolutely unacceptable! Spotify should at the least, be fixing it, and effectively responding to affected users’ inquiries about what is happening, how it happened, and how to prevent it in the future.

Calling customer service is a joke. This thread seems to be as well, unfortunately. 

What is going on SPOTIFY? 

Yet another case of this here, if this is so common, I think there is definitely something fishy going on with this artist.

Songs from an artists called A.K keep getting added to my most recent playlists. It is always the second song in the playlist and is typically 3-10, depending on how long since I have gone through and manually deleted them. I remove them at least once a day and it is a pain. It is also making me nervous that I was hacked so I logged out of all devices and changed my password. Help please

Plan

Premium

Hi mmd_18,

I’m sorry to hear that you think someone has gained access to your Spotify account. I recommend first resetting your password for your Spotify account (it’s best to use a complex password, and to choose a different one for each service that you use; you can read more about that here). Then, sign out from all devices again. Next, I strongly recommend that you change the password for your email or Facebook that is connected to your Spotify account.

Let us know if you still need help, and have a good day!

AdamDamSpotify Star
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I do not have a premium account and it's also happening to me. I had to delete yesterday from all of my playlist the songs, and today I found they have been added again randomly into my playlists again!! 

It's getting very frustrating... 

BTW, I see you guys are from the US. I'm writting from Spain, so nothing to do with a target country

Hey there @mmd_18

Thanks for reaching out - help’s here!

We suggest you first perform the steps that @AdamDam described. 

It's best to open the password reset form in a private/incognito window. Once you've got your new password, you need to log in into your Spotify-account, open the account page, scroll down to Sign out everywhere and click on the button. These steps will secure your account. 

Keep us posted! We'll be happy to lend a hand if you need more help.

PetyaModerator

I think this whole fiasco could be avoided by either deleting said artist (artist being "A.K.") or just have some form of a block artist function. Clearly there are far more people having this problem and I'm not okay with paying money for a service, only for that service to be muddled with with this very obvious and obnoxious bug.

Hello there,

I'm on a paid plan, have this personal playlist that I created: https://open.spotify.com/playlist/3MW9syj2PuCrO8DuyS9fOn?si=gihbPSHsTN-B588g4KWHsQ

and randomly Spotify is adding songs by "A.K" to the playlist, as you can see they oddly are sorted near the top with timestamps of "X hours" ago, even the my song added above is January 2nd, and my next song added is January 5th!!

What is going on? This is so annoying?

Plan

Premium

Country

USA

Device

iPhone 11

Operating System

iOS 13.3

My Question or Issue

Spotify keeps adding random songs by “A.K.” to my personal playlists. Every time I delete these tracks, new ones appear when I open the app again. This is not a collaborative playlist and my account has not been compromised. I have multiple friends who are experiencing the same issue, with the same artist/songs being added to their playlists. This is happening to ALL of my playlists and it’s very annoying. 

2526F993-6F00-4EB8-A56C-E1F8BF462DC4.png
FB80B9A4-0A6D-4BE1-B927-1CF113D194C3.png

Suggested posts