Songs by artist A.K. being added to my playlist

Solved!
Highlighted

Re: Strange songs being added to my playlists

The exact same thing happened to me. 5 AK songs added to all my playlists. Then yesterday when I was driving it came up saying Lennon's iPhone is playing this song and my playlist changed to a different one. About 30 minutes after I reselected my playlist the same thing happened again but this time from someone named Adelaine's iPhone. I've now changed my password and logged out all devices but if this has happened to the both of us then clearly it will be happening to others.

Highlighted

Re: Random unwanted songs keep appearing

Visitor
yeah same thing happened here same band different songs i think. I already removed them so hard to say they were added three days ago at the second to top of a over 600 song long playlist. considering what happened it seems to either be some form of error on spotify's end causing this new artist to how up on peoples playlists or some form of bot through a security breach. But honestly if it is that this is very tame of a thing to do
Highlighted

Re: Hacked?

Hey @cyanidefun,

Thanks for telling us about this! 

It's good that you've taken care of your account by following the steps to secure it. If you notice any artists that appear fraudulent, like the ones the other users mentioned above, feel free to send us screenshots or their artist names. That way we can make sure we report the content right away and prevent things like this happening in the future.

Keep us posted!

PetyaModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Highlighted

Re: Strange songs being added to my playlists

Hi @Kaniikaniit and @sheriryan8,

Thanks for telling us about this, giving us screenshots and detailed descriptions of what happened! 

In addition to what @Mario said, we'd like to tell you that we've reported these fraudulent artists and streams so their music content won't go unnoticed.

Keep us posted if you see anything like this again, so we can take the necessary actions from our side as well. 

We're here for you! 

PetyaModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Highlighted

Re: Random unwanted songs keep appearing

Spotify Legend

Hello everyone,

Thanks for reaching out in the Community about this!

Just wanted to jump in with some additional steps for you to secure your accounts from unwanted content being added: Head to your account page and check if there are any third party apps listed you don't recognize and make sure to "Remove Access" for those.

For full information on why seemingly random songs might be added to your playlist, we recommend you check out this Spotify Answer.

Hope you'll find this info useful. Just give us a shout in case you have any other concerns.

Highlighted

Re: Songs being added to my playlist

Casual Listener

I think it's safe to say at this point nobody is "Hacking" our accounts. This is clearly a wide spread issue that 100's of thousands of people are having. I've noticed that after posting this, that I am no longer having these songs added. I did also go and Unfollow A.K which is what I recommend everyone here to do. Basically how to fix this until spotify fixes this is to just unfollow A.K or any other unwanted artist and they should stop being added.
Note: I have not changed my password.

Highlighted

buffaloyj_1-1579508873480.png

Same problem here. These terrible songs kept popping up in EVERY one of my playlists. Just a guess, but some dirtbag possibly got hold of our logins and wrote a script to just keep logging in and adding these songs to playlists. Do it enough times, and they'll be making bank on all of the folks who just let their playlists play through everything. They'll just keep collecting $ from Spotify for every play. I "logged out everywhere" and changed my password, so hopefully this stops happening.

Highlighted

Also got these two artists' songs added to all of my playlists: A.K. and Yas T. 

About 6-8 songs total. They also "Liked" some artists songs so make sure to check your Liked playlist. I changed my passwords but last night they "recovered" the password by sending a link to my email and apparently they clicked on the link. So I had to repeat the process, logged out Spotify everywhere, changed my email passwords and then changed my Spotify password. I hope this solves it, we will see.

ALSO, SPOTIFY please find out about this issue and FIX it for us!

Highlighted

Visitor

It would be nice if Spotify would stop saying "we are looking into it" or spamming us with how to update a password. 

I'm ready for a class action if no one is going to fix it. Plain and simple.

Casual Listener

This is happening to me to and it is annoying, making my Spotify experience intolerable. I have signed out everywhere and think Spotify needs to seriously address this immediately or they will be losing a customer. 

SUGGESTED POSTS