Songs by artist A.K. being added to my playlist

Solved!
Highlighted

Re: Spotify adding random songs to playlist

I too am getting A.K songs on my playlists (someone called Yas T as well).  I delete them but they come back. Is this a hack?

Highlighted

Re: Spotify keeps adding songs by “A.K.” to my playlists

Rock Star 17
Rock Star 17

Hi there @Lucy6,

thanks for reaching out to the community !

Spotify does not add tracks to your self curated playlists.

If you're experiencing odd behavior on your account, please make sure to take all the steps provided on this help page and this one as well to strengthen your account's protection.

Furthermore, give it a bit more time to see if you keep having those tracks added.

If so, i suggest creating a new account and moving all your data safely using this official Spotify Answer.

Thanks for your cooperation.

Let me know if there's anything else i can do for you 🙂

OneByBooRock Star 17
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.
Highlighted

Re: Songs being added to my playlist

Visitor

Same thing happened to me. All my playlists have songs by A.K, Yas T. My alexa would also start playing their music at random times from Spotify. I assume it is to increase their plays/followers?

Highlighted

Re: Spotify keeps adding songs by “A.K.” to my playlists

Casual Listener

Hi, thanks for the response. I understand that Spotify isn't suppose to add music to personal playlists. It’s just odd that many other Spotify users (personal friends as well as other users who’ve posted on this forum) have been experiencing the same added songs from the same artist. I have waited this out, but it’s been happening over again for over a week. This morning new songs were added once again after I deleted them last night. 
I appreciate the links you provided, but I’m confident that my account has not been compromised. In addition, when songs are added to a playlist, they’re added to the bottom. These songs from “A.K.” are inserted at the top of my playlist, always under my first song. 
Is there a way to get a response from a Spotify employee? This I shouldn’t have to delete these songs from my playlists multiple times a day, especially for a paid service. 

Attached is a screenshot of the same playlist as my original post, with another “A.K.” song inserted again this morning. 

Thanks again for your response. 

A3ACE38C-BF35-4776-B69D-9C2B1F40AE96.png
Highlighted

Re: Random unwanted songs keep appearing

Casual Listener

This is not a solution. I have done both of these steps. I am on a premium account, no third party apps connected and have changed passwords on all accounts. As a user AND an artist on Spotify, I find it COMPLETELY unacceptable that this has happened and Spotify has not addressed, nor provided a solution that is correct.  

Highlighted

Re: Hacked?

Casual Listener
I think we should like start tweeting at Spotify for help.
Highlighted

Re: Hacked? "A.K." Artist and "Yas T"

Same here!! It’s so annoying.

Highlighted

Random album added to my playlists

Casual Listener

Plan

Free

Country

US

Device

PC

Operating System

Windows 10

So this band A.K's album "Testing" got added to my created playlists, like at the top so I know I didn't add them. Anyone got any ideas as to why?

Edit: I noticed some are from another album called "Playful".

Screenshot_11.jpg
Screenshot_12.jpg
Screenshot_13.jpg
Highlighted

Re: Random album added to my playlists

Rock Star 24
Rock Star 24

Hey @pvttaku ,

Thanks for reaching out.

I'd recommend checking out this support article: https://support.spotify.com/account_payment_help/account_help/someone-has-gained-access-to-my-accoun....

Hope this helps 🙂

MaximRock Star 24
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.
Highlighted

Re: Random album added to my playlists

Casual Listener
This same exact thing happened to most of my playlists with the SAME ARTIST. So freaking annoying.
SUGGESTED POSTS