NEXT STEP

Songs couldn't be played

Solved!

Songs couldn't be played

Plan: Free

Device: iPhone X, Lenovo Legion Y520

Operating System: iOS 12.2, Windows 10

My question or issue:
I have a playlist that I had started since September 2016, and it has about 900 songs in it now. I tried playing songs that I've added into the playlist 1-2 years ago with my laptop and the songs couldn't be played. When I try playing those songs, the songs will only play for few seconds, and stop at the 5th or 6th second, and tell me 'Can't play the current song.' If I try replaying that song, it'll just stop at 0:00. I tried searching for that song through the Spotify app and playing it directly from the artist's album and it wouldn't work too. I also tried uninstalling the app and reinstall it again but it's still bad news. This happened to a lot of the songs in my playlist, not only the one I attached the URL to. Is there something wrong with my account, or is it just a bug cause my playlist is too big? I hope this problem can be solved as the songs means a lot to me.

Screenshot_4.jpg

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey Draniik! I found the way to solve the problem!

I'm not very sure about macbook but I solved the problem by deleting the application first, then go to my C Drive (C:) -> Windows -> System32 -> drivers -> etc, and finally the 'hosts' file. Open it with Notepad++ and look for any line with the word 'Spotify' and remove the entire line, save it and allow it to run in administrative mode. Then I restarted my laptop, redownload Spotify and it's all good and working again. 

I don't own a macbook, but maybe you can try searching for a 'hosts' file in your laptop.

I had searched for you online and found out that macbook also has a 'hosts' file. This is the link in the picture attached below if you need help looking for the 'hosts' file: Click me

Let me know if this works!! 😄

View solution in original post

Screenshot_1.jpg
3 Replies

Hey @Alexandrite0, welcome to the Community.

Hope you're doing great!

Could you check it with another account with the same country to see if the same thing happens there?

Thanks 🙂

Hi! The same happens to me... it only sounds for a few seconds in my macbook and than it stops playing and than I can't play and stops at 0 like you said... 

If you find any solution, it will be great to hear.

Thank you!

Marked as solution

Hey Draniik! I found the way to solve the problem!

I'm not very sure about macbook but I solved the problem by deleting the application first, then go to my C Drive (C:) -> Windows -> System32 -> drivers -> etc, and finally the 'hosts' file. Open it with Notepad++ and look for any line with the word 'Spotify' and remove the entire line, save it and allow it to run in administrative mode. Then I restarted my laptop, redownload Spotify and it's all good and working again. 

I don't own a macbook, but maybe you can try searching for a 'hosts' file in your laptop.

I had searched for you online and found out that macbook also has a 'hosts' file. This is the link in the picture attached below if you need help looking for the 'hosts' file: Click me

Let me know if this works!! 😄

Screenshot_1.jpg

Suggested posts