Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Songs not available on one account but available on a friends account?

Solved!

Songs not available on one account but available on a friends account?

Not sure why but there a songs/albums that I can't find on my Spotify search but it shows up on a friends spotify account when they search it? I've tried uninstalling, logging out, checking updates and I can't seem to find any reason why my account won't be working properly. 

If if anyone can help, would be greatly appreciated 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey again @MeganHipp

Ah this makes sense. As they are traveling to and from Europe, they have to notify Spotify that they are leaving the country in which the subscribed from within 14 days of leaving their home country. They would've done this by following the process here.

They have to change their settings every time they travel (if it is over a 14 day period) due to song licensing. Unfortunately, different songs are availible in different countries and there may be some which your friend may have which you don't and vice versa. A classic example of this for example are some famous songs which may be 'Radio Edit' in the UK and Europe but the 'US Version' in the States for example; some may not be available at all. Since you are based in a different part of the world you'll have your location set to NZ where as there's may be somewhere in Europe. 

When they come back to NZ to visit within the first 14 days, they don't necessarily have to change the location settings back to NZ before their Spotify won't work which is why your content may look slightly different if you do a direct comparison.  This statement below comes from Spotify's staff and I think it summarises nicely:

"The reality is that we would like to have all the world's music available on Spotify. Anything which we have the right to upload and has been provided to us, should be available on Spotify."

Hope this helps

Carl 🙂

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Hey, are they in a different country or do they live in a different state to you?

Hey, 

We are both in New Zealand in same city but they are both from Europe travelling and working. Would that be the same? 

Megan

Marked as solution

Hey again @MeganHipp

Ah this makes sense. As they are traveling to and from Europe, they have to notify Spotify that they are leaving the country in which the subscribed from within 14 days of leaving their home country. They would've done this by following the process here.

They have to change their settings every time they travel (if it is over a 14 day period) due to song licensing. Unfortunately, different songs are availible in different countries and there may be some which your friend may have which you don't and vice versa. A classic example of this for example are some famous songs which may be 'Radio Edit' in the UK and Europe but the 'US Version' in the States for example; some may not be available at all. Since you are based in a different part of the world you'll have your location set to NZ where as there's may be somewhere in Europe. 

When they come back to NZ to visit within the first 14 days, they don't necessarily have to change the location settings back to NZ before their Spotify won't work which is why your content may look slightly different if you do a direct comparison.  This statement below comes from Spotify's staff and I think it summarises nicely:

"The reality is that we would like to have all the world's music available on Spotify. Anything which we have the right to upload and has been provided to us, should be available on Spotify."

Hope this helps

Carl 🙂

Thank you!! 

I'm sorry for probably bumping up old thread but, i have same case when some artists\songs aren't available on my account but available on my friend's account and vice versa. But the thing is, he is living in the same country as me and he never traveling outside our country even once. can you help me ?

Suggested posts