Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Songs not playing

Songs not playing

Plan

Free

Country

UK

Device

PC

Operating System

Windows 8

My Question or Issue

I opened spotify and realised that it had removed EVERY song from my playlists and wont let me listen to anything. Every song is greyed out and wont play. It seems that it is only on my pc that it doesnt work as i can listen to playlists when on my phone.

3 Replies

Hey @ahyea4053625, and welcome to the community.

Hope you're doing great! 

Thanks for reporting this. Let's see if some troubleshooting could hopefully fix your issue. Could you try doing a clean reinstall of the app? If that doesn't work, please send me a screenshot of what you're seeing and also please provide me the following info:

• App version 
  • Device name 
  • Operating system 

I look forward to your reply 🙂 

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

If you find the solution to this can you post it?

Hey!

I've had this problem before. What I did was I contacted Spotify using the contact form (I can't link it for some reason, but if you Google "contact Spotify" it should come up), and they freed up my email to create a new account. They can transfer all your playlists, followers, personal details etc. The only thing that will be missing is your listening history, so your playlists like Discover Weekly will start by using the history on your new account. Everything works fine for me now, so hopefully this works for you too.

Hope this helps!

Suggested posts