Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Songs saved per Artist

Songs saved per Artist

With the update (without having premium), either I'm missing something, or you can no longer go to an artist and see the songs of theirs that you've saved. It just takes you to their profile, and you can only either shuffle through their entire catalogue, or shuffle through ALL your songs of any artist, the other option being to put them in a playlist.

Does that change if you get premium? You can click on an artist and see only their songs that you've saved? I need that feature and I hate this update.

11 Replies

Hi,

The new update has changed many things for everyone, new UI and more features for free tier users.

For your request, if you want to stay in the free tier, you can find their songs in the Desktop apps. They are still the same.

I would recommend Premium for many reasons, one of them is that it removes the forced shuffle mode and you can play any song freely.

Hope I was able to help, if I did mark it as a solution and drop a like if you like.

Cheers!

Hi, thank you for responding! 

So just to be clear, this feature is gone from free (on a phone, but not desktop), but still exists in premium (on both phone and desktop)?

Hi,

Check this help article here:

https://support.spotify.com/us/article/subscription-levels/

It was never there for free users but Desktop apps do have that advantage. On your mobile you are tied to the Shuffle mode if you arenโ€™t a subscriber to Premium.

Sorry, I think you're misunderstanding. I'm not talking about the shuffling. 

I've only ever had free, so I know this was a feature with it, say an artist has 30 songs and you save 5- you used to be able to click on that artists name and see just the 5 songs of theirs that you've saved, and then you'd be able to shuffle through those.

Now with the update, when you click on the artists name, it just goes to their profile with all their albums, you can't see only the songs of theirs that you've saved. You can also go to "favourite songs" which is where you can see ALL your songs, by ALL your artists. 

So I was wondering if that feature is also gone with premium, or if I can still click on an artists name and see only the songs of theirs I've saved (and I know that I can then choose which to listen to as oppose to shuffling). 

Yeah I understand that but I guess it will be the same since itโ€™s a UI thing not dependet in the subscription you have.

By the way I havenโ€™ received the new UI yet lol.

Hi,

I just got it and I guess I found the solution.

Just tap the highlighted  "and more" at the end of the artists names and you will get to the songs you are looking for (second image)

Hope I was able to help, if so mark it as a solution and drop a like if you like. 

photo_2018-05-23_21-07-42.jpg
photo_2018-05-23_21-07-47.jpg

Right, but see how they're showing you the songs you've "favourited" (with the heart next to it) and other songs? You used to just be able to see the saved/favourited ones. Can't anymore, although maybe you can in premium, I don't know.

Thanks anyways!

As I explained above, you can't since it's a UI thing not tier stuff related.

I sure recommend Premium but it's not going to change this aspect.

Which could be true, I just didn't know to take your word for it since you said that you hadn't gotten new UI yet lol.  So whether your premium or not, you might not know?

If it really is that way for both free & premium, it's ridiculous. Seems like a pretty standard feature... crazy it's one they'd do away with.

No, it has just been moved. If you are on the computer, go under the "your library" section and click on "artists." This will show the artist for which you have saved songs.  Then just click an artist name and it will only show the ones you have saved.  This should work similarly for phone.

Yes, that's how it is on a computer, but not on phones anymore with the update.

Suggested posts