Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Songs won't play Offline - Premium Subscription

Songs won't play Offline - Premium Subscription

Hi, 

I have been having this problem for a while now, although I have a Premium Subscription, some songs that I have added to my music / playlist will not be available to play offline. This would be okay if it was just a few but it can be up to 30 out of 40 unplayable songs. 

Has anyone had this problem before? 

37 Replies

My entire playlist of 500 songs will not play offline, and when I was on a flight using the wifi service on the plane, none of the songs would play

hi 

i have premium and i have all my songs downloaded, however when i press some of the songs to play, some of them dont. it says that the song has been selected where you click the song to go to the art work and stuff at the bottem but where its says about the song length/ how long the song has been playing, it says 0:00

any help please?

Not true... I clearly established that wifi was on and working, and able to
send and receive emails. And yet, spotify says there is no internet. Cra&&y
service and zero customer support

Not true... I clearly established that wifi was on and working, and able to
send and receive emails. And yet, spotify says there is no internet. Cra&&y
service and zero customer support

Hi! Were you able to solve this? I'm having the same problem right now....

Thank you!

Yes, I had to delete the app and re download it from the App Store and just redownload all the songs and it worked!

Yes. Iv had now for the last two months and im over it. Listening to the radio stations now for free.

I have songs save offline and they sow as downloaded but won't play

I also have the same problem , I downloaded my music and pressed the offline but it never works all of my songs are an available with no internet since I got Spotify , super not happy , help!

My solution to problems with Spotify. Give up Spotify and subscribe to Google Play Music instead. If you do, you will get YouTube Red thrown in for free.

Hi ,

This seems to be a common problem. I sent this message, along with a screen shot.

I recently became a premium member and only get empty folders in my Music library when I try to download music from my playlist. I'm using a Gateway dual core computer under updated Windows 7. There is lots of space on my hard drive. I also reinstalled the latest version of Spotify. Can you help? It's extremly annoying. I have downloads enabled and all devices turned on.

Re: Empty files instead of downloaded music?

This is the reply I got 😞

Hey!

Not sure what you are trying to do? have the actual files themselves? This is not possible as offline mode is meant for that device to listen to music without an internet connection instead of being able to transfer downloaded music files.

You wont be able to retrieve these, ever.

I also have this problem. 

My downloaded songs won’t play offline since the last update. I’ve been waiting for another update from Spotify to fix the problem. I’ve reinstalled the app, no dice. Sounds like there are quite a few who have the same problem. This problem has taken WAY TOO LONG to fix. 

People are so quick to blame Spotify and all these music company’s for something that went wrong on their personal device.. there could be other problems that happened, but that is not to discuss at this time.

Anyhow, what helped solve my problem was updating my IPhone to the recent version. When it wasn’t updated I couldn’t even play any audio.

If the problem still goes on and you have updated your phone it could also be your cellular service. Although you have it downloaded it still uses a small chunk of data, not much though.

I can sign into my free account. I can see all the details of my personal information. But I can no longer see my play lists. All I see are link after link trying to force me to purchase Premium membership.
I've talked to the foreign vendor (not in the USA) Spotify has outsourced it's Technical issues to. They cannot figure out why my playlists will no longer appear on my PC

Thank you sir for your non-solution, solution to the inquiry. LOL. But the keyword in this post and many others is "FREE". So im sure that people are aware of the Google promotion that gives u sumthin' for free,  after making some type of purchase. 100 percent Free is what we're after. Had to bust your chops on that one my man.

Spoiler
It skips over all songs I play every day...never had this problem b4 today- Premium Subscription

Suggested posts