Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Sonos Speaker

Sonos Speaker

Hi, I have a sonos system. I use the system to play music from my Spotify account. One of my speakers have been stolen. I notice today when using spotify on my computer, that the music ends with the notification that my account are used elsewhere.

Do you think it's possible to trace the location of the stolen speaker?

(i haven't changed my password yet)

regards
/Thomas

3 Replies

Spotify can't give you the details, however if the police or law enforcement request the data from Spotify they can release it to them as part of a criminal investigation. 

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Thanks for your answer, and the link to a somewhat official statement from spotify!

I know that I am responding to an old issue. But I had some concern about what could happen to my Spotify account if one of the speakers was stolen, so I tried disconnecting one of them and deleting the Spotify account on the other speaker. I disconnected that Speaker and connected the speaker which I disconnected at the beginning, when I tried to use that Spotify account I got a message saying that I had to reauthorize the account. I don't know if it will work when all your Sonos speakers are stolen and you create a new system with new ones, because I did the test with speakers of the same system.

Suggested posts