Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Sorry we couldn't find friends to follow...

Sorry we couldn't find friends to follow...

Hello

I am having this issue for like 4 years now and I still haven't find solution. I allowed Spotify to use my facebook data and I updated the settings through facebook. I reinstalled the app several times and tried it on several laptops. What bothers me even more is that facebook doesn't show me the opinion to "use friends list". It's just not there.

The other issue is that according to Spotify I don't have an email... so i don't know if I will get notified when someone replies to this...

Screenshot 2020-08-04 at 21.06.17.png
3 Replies

Hey there @Dia_R,

Thanks for reaching out to us.

Start off my running a clean reinstall of the Spotify app on your device just to make sure you get the latest app version. Check out this help page in order to find the steps for clean reinstall on the affected device.

Tip: Once you’ve performed the clean reinstall you'll need to re-download your offline music and podcasts. 

It's also worth trying to update your privacy settings in a private/incognito window

Let us know how you get on! We'll be here in case you need any further help with this. 

Ahoj!

I reinstalled the app multiple times already. Today I tried the method with incognito window, still it didn’t work. But I found the solution and I think this could help other people.

Solution:

The problem was in my Iphone. My laptop and tablet were logged through facebook, but still I would get the error message "Sorry we couldn't find friends to follow"

When I created my Spotify account it was through Iphone and via email. Later I moved to facebook. Today I discovered that although I was connected through facebook in my Iphone and everything was working well. It was my Iphone that I needed to give permission to use facebook friend list. Now It works on every device that I own.

So anyone who gets the error message. Try to look into "find friends" on spotify, on all your devices and allow them to use your friends list.

(sorry for my english)

Hey @Dia_R,

Thanks for getting back to us.    

We're happy to hear it worked out and now you can find your friends on Spotify.   

If you have questions, you know where to find us.

Cheers! 

Suggested posts