Sorry we couldn't load friends to follow

Solved!
Highlighted
Solution!

Re: Sorry we couldn't load friends to follow

Gig Goer

My earlier problem got solved as I renewed the Facebook-settings here:

https://www.facebook.com/settings?tab=applications&ref=settings

Just today, I checked whether my Facebook-friends can be found from Spotify.

It gave that similar error message, so I had to yet again renew the apps settings in the Facebook-settings page. For some reason the Spotify's permission had ended at the end of september. I hadn't changed anything, so I wonder why it wouldn't just continue and use it normally.

So, I think this problem is only happening if the permission goes out of date and you have to renew it by clicking couple times there on Facebook.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Music Fan

Hey Mario,

I tried the clean reinstall, but unfortunately it didn't change anything.

Highlighted

Hey @avicabessa,

Thanks for getting back to us.

It seems like @Samppa3 might have found a possible solution. Would you mind following the link that they provided and make sure that Spotify has an active permission to access your Facebook data on their website?

Let us know how it worked out, we'll be keeping an eye out for your reply.

MihailModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music is a language that doesn’t speak in particular words. It speaks in emotions, and if it’s in the bones, it’s in the bones.” - Keith Richards
Highlighted

Music Fan

Hey Mikhail,

Looks like Spotify has all the necessary permissions:

avicabessa_0-1602582579844.png

avicabessa_1-1602582657436.png

(The reason it says 'added Sep 20' is because I've tried removing and adding it back in the past, but that didn't work either).

Highlighted

Hey @avicabessa,

Thanks for the quick reply and the screenshot.

Do you have the option to log in to a friend or family members account on your devices and see if the Fried Activity loads correctly there? 

You can also create a free account to test it out here.

Keep us posted with the results 🙂 

MihailModerator

“Music is a language that doesn’t speak in particular words. It speaks in emotions, and if it’s in the bones, it’s in the bones.” - Keith Richards
Highlighted

Music Fan

Hey Mikhail,

Good news, we've narrowed down the problem to my Spotify account.

I created an account with another email of mine, **bleep**, unlinked my Facebook from my current Spotify account (**bleep**), connected the new account to my Facebook, and it worked.

This leads back to my original post. When I created the **bleep** account I did it by signing up with Facebook. For some reason today I can no longer login with Facebook, rather the account is linked to the email, so I sign in with email & password. This seems to be the source of the problem.

The way I see it, unless there is a better solution you can think of, we have 2 options:

1. We somehow unlink my current account with its original 'Facebook sign in' property. 

2. We copy over all of the songs, playlists, preferences, settings, content, etc. from my current account to the new account (**bleep**).

Let me know what you think. Thank you again for all your help.

Best,

Avi

Highlighted

Hey @avicabessa,

Thanks for getting back to us with the results. 

We're happy that everything works fine with your new account. You can follow the steps here and transfer all your music and followers so that nothing gets lost. 

Hope this helps. Keep us posted if you have any questions.

MihailModerator

Highlighted

Music Fan

Hey Mikhail,

Copying everything over using the directions you sent me would take an extremely long time. Also, there's no way for me to copy over the 400 songs in my Liked Songs playlist, which means I would have to find each one of them, one by one, and like them again on the new profile. Finally, I then would have to cancel my old Premium account and pay again on the new account.

As you can see from the date of my first post, I've been trying to solve this problem for almost 2 months now. It's pretty frustrating that the best solution you could provide me with is 'go make new account and spend hours manually copy everything over from your old account'.

I'm confident, considering the magnitude of Spotify as a company and technological powerhouse, that this process that would take me tens of hours would take someone technological at Spotify less than 5 minutes. If you could please help me copy over the old account info to a new account in a less tedious and less [significantly] time consuming manner it would be very much appreciated. 

Highlighted

Hey @avicabessa,

Thanks for getting back to us 🙂

No worries. You can mark the first song, scroll to the end, press Ctrl+shift and click on last song. That way all songs of the playlist will be marked. Then you can add them to a playlist. After that you can give these steps so you can enjoy the songs on the new account.

You can also head here and contact our support team. The folks there can look into this further and help you with the transfer.

Hope this helps. We'll be right here if you have any questions.

VerModerator
"Difficult roads often lead to beautiful destinations." ―Zig Ziglar
Highlighted

Music Fan

Hahaha Mikhail, this entire time I thought I was speaking to customer support. 

I spoke to them and they helped me with the transfer within minutes!

Thanks so much for all your time and assistance 🙂

SUGGESTED POSTS