Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Sound quality changes when running Adobe Photoshop

Sound quality changes when running Adobe Photoshop

There is a very noticeable and distracting difference in audio when I make Adobe Photoshop CS6 Extended (updated) the focus program. I click back on Spotify, bringing it to the front, sound returns to normal. Even as I am performing heavy tasks in Photoshop the audio quality will pop in and out, sounding as if someone is turning the equalizer off and on.

3 Replies

I have the same issue, but it does not appear to have anything to do with the application I switch to. Switching back and forth between the Windows calculator and Spotify will pause the music briefly and change the sound quality dramatically.

Enabling/Disabling hardware acceleration does not make a difference, nor does selecting High quality Streaming. Really annoying.

I wanna bring up this again. When i click on Photoshop or Spotify and make it my main program to focus on with the cursor, the sounds get a huge audio level boost. It's frustated, because my Spotify-audio gets boosted like twice the amount...
Hope someone has an solution. 😞 

Hi there @Backcorner,

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community!

This is a very obscure issue and we haven't seen other reports about it, apart from the ones in this thread. 

This could be related to an outdated Audio and Video card driver issue. We'd suggest checking if there are any updates available for your Audio drivers and if there are updates for your graphics driver and let those install.

You can also do a clean reinstall of the Spotify app, as there might be some corrupted app files causing this issue, even though it might not be very likely.

Hope this helps.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts