Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Soundrop: how can I use a different name from the facebook one?

Soundrop: how can I use a different name from the facebook one?

Hello, 

when signing up to the app Soundrop, it askes me to connect through my account on Facebook or Twitter. I'm doing it with Fb, since it looks like there are no different options than using a social network, but I don't like to be displayed in the Soundrop rooms/chat with my real name. 

I can see some users with name that looks like username, so I think thare should be a way... can someone help me??

Thanks!

4 Replies

@Social-Parasite wrote:

Hello, 

when signing up to the app Soundrop, it askes me to connect through my account on Facebook or Twitter. I'm doing it with Fb, since it looks like there are no different options than using a social network, but I don't like to be displayed in the Soundrop rooms/chat with my real name. 

I can see some users with name that looks like username, so I think thare should be a way... can someone help me??

Thanks!

Maybe it was possible in the past to register without a Social network? I am not sure, I know several people who created "fake" Facebook accounts for Spotify/Soundrop so that is another possibility. Currently Facebook or Twitter look like the only ways to login to soundrop.

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Thnaks Peter,

so no way to change my name? I'll get over it 😕

It's not possible because Spotify decided not to include a method to log in using Spotify accounts. This means third party apps must use their own accounts or FB to log in.

I made an idea about this: http://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Ideas/Let-Spotify-Apps-use-Spotify-accounts-for-identificati...

I understand! Thanks for the explanation! Your idea to use the same username/password would be perfect 🙂

Suggested posts