Spam in the Community

2 people liked this

Re: Spam in the Community

gareth8
Roadie

Meredith wrote:

Thank you for your patience while we work on stopping these instances. Soon we'll have the boards cleaned up and easy to search for your Spotify questions. 

Have to say I'm distinctly underwhelmed by your efforts so far.

1 person liked this

Joe
Community Legend

This really is not good. Where are the community staff and Rock Stars lately?Inaction will surely make things worse. Maybe it's time to head off to Reddit.

1 person liked this

DannyAgama
Casual Listener

Windows Desktop Community Board is being BURIED by spam bots. My actual issue that I posted is being buried in a matter of minutes by spam bots. They are making new topics full of gibberish every few seconds. It's ridiculous. This topic was made months ago and the problem still persists. What is going on??

Capture.JPG
1 person liked this

Joe
Community Legend

There are only two possibilities. Either they don't care or they have no idea how to deal with the spam.

As the spam seems to be aimed at search engines, removing it as soon as it appears would probably cause the spammer(s) to move on. If the forum mods and rock/rising stars can't cope on their own, I'm pretty sure that community users would be willing to help get rid of this curse.

I was also wondering if using a /robots.txt file would cause them to move on as it would stop search engine robots.

veronica681

Hello Meredith, I have paid for spotify premium on the 16th of december 2017, I received confirmation today but I still do not have Premium. Could you please advise me on how we can sort this problem out please?

Best Veronica

Meredith wrote:

Hi folks, we want to let everyone know we're aware of the recent spam attacks hitting the Spotify Community. 

We're working with Lithium on getting this issue under control as quickly as we can. 

Thank you for your patience while we work on stopping these instances. Soon we'll have the boards cleaned up and easy to search for your Spotify questions. 

Rock Star 4
Rock Star 4

I really hope this is fixed soon. The spam is making it very hard to find actual questions and people needing help.

Noah-SRock Star 4
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.
1 person liked this

ryabys
Roadie

This is beyond annoying, hope its fixed at some point.

Rock Star 4
Rock Star 4

Has there been any progress on resolving the spam issue yet?

Noah-SRock Star 4
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Vanterax
Roadie

So the mods have all abandoned ship?  Does anyone actually care at Spotify?

samrenda
Casual Listener

I am no longer able to login to my account after receiving a suspected spam email saying my subscription was cancelled. Will I ever be able to log back into my account? 

SUGGESTED POSTS