Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spammails (Passwordreset)

Solved!

Spammails (Passwordreset)

Dear Community,

do you guys have any idea why I get spammed with e-mails to reset my password right now? I got 9 e-mails in the last 40 minutes, even tho I just reset my password (not by clicking any links in the e-mails tho) and when I got back in it asked my to verify my e-mail account again. I do own Spotify Premium, so it had to be verified in the first place.

Whats going on right now?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Many peoples seems to be getting those automated password resets, mylself included...unless Spotify **bleep** up in their unusual activity algorithm or there's a mass brute force attack/data breach going on or something...

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Marked as solution

Many peoples seems to be getting those automated password resets, mylself included...unless Spotify **bleep** up in their unusual activity algorithm or there's a mass brute force attack/data breach going on or something...

Well, yeah okay. This might be it, but I don't wanna mark this as solved yet. Maybe someone with more insight will answer this question as well. If no other answer will be posted, yours will be it.

Thanks my dood. 🙂

Hey @Shksbr and @Kwenchana

That's pretty strange, I agree!

I'd recommend changing the password for your email account as well, just in case.
Who sent you the emails?

I'd imagine it is possible that someone is trying to bother you by entering your username/email address into the password reset form and clicking 'send' repeatedly.

If this continues, let me know 🙂

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Emails are legitimate ones from Spotify Support, I've also reset my password using the website instead of the link in that email:

to: xyz

date: 21 Dec 2018, 13:33

subject: Veuillez mettre à jour votre mot de passe Spotify.

mailed-by: em.spotify.com

Signed by: spotify.com

security:  Standard encryption (TLS)

I've reviewed my gmail account activity and I don't see anything suspicious

Hey, all 🙂

There are many reasons why your account's password is reset and why you receive the email, but don't worry - the privacy and security of your data is always Spotify's highest priority. You may follow the steps in this article to reset the password.

If you need more help with this please reach out to @SpotifyCares on Twitter or Facebook.

Have a nice day! 🙂
SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts