Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spamming Premium accounts with ads

Spamming Premium accounts with ads

I'm using Premium family account, on various computers and phones.

Here are my settings

Screenshot_20190718-194133_Spotify.jpg

All ads off, all notifications off, all 'push' nonsense off, all news of. OFF. 

Now look at this ad for Fuji Rock. Why do I get this? Why can I not tun it off on my Android app? WhY? 

Screenshot_20190726-091833_Spotify.jpg

Why is Spotify spamming me on my Android phone app ? I contact support, one person says one thing, one person says another, complete incoherence. 

Spotify, why are you pushing ads to paying consumers?

7 Replies

Hi @dazzerhk,

Thanks for coming to the community with this. That doesn't seem right at all. I can understand the frustration when it comes to this kind of thing. Have you tried a clean reinstall of the app on your Android device?

Best,

A

Thanks for the reply. 

Just deleted and reinstalled, we shall see. 

I am still discussing with support. Doesn't help that the replies from different staff show they often haven't read the previous message, so I have been told up til now that this is something I could solve in settings, this is something I cannot change but they don't seem to know why, and my favourite, that this is an exciting new feature.

Any more help or suggestion gratefully received, especially if Spotify themselves can help. 

Hey @dazzerhk.

I understand your frustration.

I believe at Spotify those announcements are just seen as recommendations based on your listening activity etc., not as "advertisement", which you clearly shouldn't receive as a paid customer. These "recommendations" also never redirect you to pages outside of Spotify I believe.

One idea I have is for you to check if you have "Show announcements about new releases" activated. On the desktop app you can find it in Settings > Display Options > Show announcements about new releases.

Let me know if this helps.

Felix

Thanks for the reply.

The setting you mentioned is also turned to off - I'm serious when I say I don't want push  from an app that I use to play music.

As for whether it's an ad or not I don't like rock that much and don't live in Japan yet I get notified about Fuji Rock-it's an ad and it contradicts every setting I've made about all announcements and news. Do I turn off news? Yes. Are they sending me news? Yes. I am paying to make that choice, or so I thought.

(Also, I remember in one of the emails, being told I can tun it off in the desktop - I have not so far seen the ad in desktop - but not on mobile. Again, incoherent and not fully-formed policy by Spotify.

That's not an ad buddy......its an spotify announcement. Go to desktop app, you will see option to hide it there.

@Yogii_Che has already checked that option and said it's disabled.

Yes, all disabled.

Ad, news, whatever - this is something Spotify are paid to do (here, by Fuji Rock) but instructed to leave me out of due to my settings, so the error still seems like theirs, IMO.

Suggested posts