Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Specify a specific payment date?

Specify a specific payment date?

Hi All,

I'm a permium subscriber.

I was wondering if there was a way to set a specfic payment date? I seem to be billed in the middle of the month and I'd like to be billed for the service on the same date as my other bills.

I can't find that option. Does anyone know how to organise that?

4 Replies

Spotify is the only company I've dealt with where changing the billing date is not possible unless you actually cancel your subscription (and lose all your offline synced music) then re-subscribe on the date you want the payment debited.

Completely useless.

Do any of the other streaming services offer this option?

Not really the point, I don't subscribe to another streaming service. As well companies that are leaders don't wait for others to do things before they do it themselves.

Hi there @sasha9999,

I'm pretty sure @jwylot has trying to raise a point in that there could be a reason why certain companies aren't able to offer this kind of functionality when it comes to subscription services.

Think about it like this, you don't really carry a "rolling balance" when it comes to subscribing to a service (i.e. Spotify) ergo you don't get to choose when to pay for that rolling balance to keep your subscription alive.

People could EASILY abuse or cause an uproar if something like this were implemented; you have those who would complain that they'd have to wait until they were charged for the service to kick-in and make even more of a problem about the situation and then there are people who could continue to abuse the system in different ways so that they could put off paying for the service. I won't go into details about that, I'll let your imagination to it.

In a way, I do agree that something like this would be great, but unless there's a foolproof way to implement it, it won't be happening anytime soon.

You always have the option of removing your payment details after paying for a month of service and then pay again when you're ready by re-adding your payment details. A drawback to this would be that you could experience some service interruptions (i.e. listening to ads for a couple of days, losing your offline play-ability, or losing your playlists on your phone).

I hope this helps a bit.
Spotify on!
Mikey

Spotify | Twitter

Did you like this post? Please add kudos below!
Did this post solve your issue? Accept it as a solution below!

Suggested posts