Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify 3-month Free Trial Error

Spotify 3-month Free Trial Error

My Question or Issue

On Tuesday, September 28, I decided to subscribe for the 3 month free trial advertised in the Spotify app. My account has never held premium status before. To sign up, I clicked on the link to the 3-month trial sign-up page provided in the app and filled out all the necessary information. All indications pointed to it being a 3-month trial. However, upon completion of the form, I was notified my free trial would end on October 28 - only one month of Premium instead of three. Why did I receive only one month when I was promised three, and how can this be remedied? Either it was a bug or I was deceived, and neither option is desirable.

9 Replies

Hi there @DJMIAM,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community.

Can you let us know what subscription you have at the moment?

It would also be great if you can confirm what country your in?

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

I currently have a one-month free trial of Spotify Premium, although I was supposed to receive three months. My country is the United States.

Hi again @DJMIAM,

Thank you for your reply and confirmation.

There's currently no 3 months intro offer is available in the US of Premium Individual. However it's a 3 month Premium offer of Winback/ Student. It's possible that you've have mistaken it.

It would also be great if you can provide us a screenshot of the add in-app and confirm if you're using VPN or have a different country setting as you may see offers for other regions in that case.

Keep us posted 🙂

Cheers!

JeremyModerator

While there currently is no three-month premium subscription promotion, there was in September, and I made sure to register for it on September 28 before it expired. I have never held premium status before, so it should have gone through, but I instead received the default 1-month trial. As such, I would very much like to receive my promised three months, as I followed all the steps in the app. I cannot provide a screenshot of the ad, as it no longer exists, and I can confirm that I do not have a VPN and my country is set to the United States.

Hi @DJMIAM,

Thank you for getting back in touch with us.

We're not aware of such an offer for new users in the US for September as well and we've also not seen any other threads about such an offer.

There was one for returning customers and students, so maybe you've seen one of those?

You can reach out to our support team if you wish to have someone re-check this, but without any other reports or a screenshot of the add it will be difficult to confirm if any of our available information on current and past offers is maybe missing something.

Let us know if we can help you with anything else.

Take care!

JeremyModerator

I attempted to post this message before, but for some reason it did not go through. Therefore, I will post it again.

Here are two articles that prove that this trial was an actual offer: https://mashable.com/deals/sept-24-spotify-premium-three-months-free?test_uuid=00WPjYtIKKcyUdfrlJRly... and https://www.the-sun.com/money/3698897/spotify-three-month-free-trial/. As you can see, I clearly was not the only one to see this offer, and it was a legitimate trial for those that never held Premium status. Like I said, though, even though I followed all the steps in the official Spotify app, I only received one month of Premium and would very much like to rectify this. Again, I cannot send a screenshot since the offer is no longer available, but these articles should be proof enough of the trial.

Hi again @DJMIAM,

Thanks for your reply and additional info.

Indeed the articles you shared are pointing to such an offer, however checking the eligibility of individual accounts is beyond our scope here in the Community. As we are not able to provide further help through actions on your personal account, we suggest you to contact the folks from Customer Support here, who can take a deeper look into your account and eventually help you to rectify this subscription-related situation.

Hope this clears things up. If you have any questions or need anything else, the Community is here for you.

Kiril Moderator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I am having the same issue!
I want to sign up for the free 3 month trial (I have NEVER had Premium or taken advantage of a free trial offer) and when I start the sign up process it says I am ineligible!  Yet it says clearly in the screenshot I've attached "Offer redeemable through September 15, 2023". 

The sign up link is here: https://www.spotify.com/us/ppt/paypal/?code=2bf8N5a37q

Come on Spotify, help a girl out!

Screen Shot 2022-01-01 at 10.17.17 AM.png

Hey @CarolineAndrus,

Thanks for reaching out here.

If you can't redeem the offer try the following:

• Use a private/ incognito browser windows
  • Use another device/ network
  • Wait a couple of days and try again

Keep us posted on how you get on.

AlexModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts