Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Account Details not reflecting account details Facebook

Spotify Account Details not reflecting account details Facebook

Hi there, I have changed my email address on Facebook a very long time ago. I noticed on my spotify it's still on my old email address and it won't let me change it. 

I'm getting this notice instead "You can edit your email address, gender, and birthday on your Facebook account page."

The email address I have on my Spotify Account now is NOT the email address I have on my Facebook. Please let me know how I can troubleshoot this. Thanks

4 Replies

Hey @Jiarrhea, welcome to the community!

This could be happening if the email you updated your Facebook profile to has a Spotify account already linked to it.

Try resetting the password typing your new email address to check if there's an account linked to it. If there is, you can log in and close it, this'll release the email address.

Once the account is closed, try updating the email address on Facebook again, it shouldn't be long before it reflects on Spotify.

Let me know how it goes.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”
― Maria Augusta von Trapp

Hi there. Tried logging in with the new email on my Facebook. Account doesn't exist. Please advise. Why am I not allowed to just update my email here or have this Spotify account re-linked to my current Facebook? I've compiled my playlist for a many years and I'm not very keen to close this account and reopen a new one. 

The email address you entered is not linked to a Spotify account. You can either try another email address, or log in through Facebook - if your account is connected.

No worries!

Since the email isn't linked to an account, but it's not updating on Spotify, it's best to contact our support team to further assist you.

You can reach out to them via Twitter or Facebook, and they'll get back to you as soon as possible.

This way you won't have to set up a new account or lose any of your songs or playlists.

All the best.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”
― Maria Augusta von Trapp

Suggested posts