Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Account Hacked / Playlists Deleted

Solved!

Spotify Account Hacked / Playlists Deleted

Please help.

My Spotify account has been hacked and the password has been changed. Luckily I can still login to the account as I have it linked to my Facebook account (which is protected by 2-step verification).

The email address was changed to a yahoo account that does not belong to me: ************@yahoo.com.

Is there any way I could verify that this account is mine and that I have lost access to it?

Please help.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

@user-removed @brokenbot @user-removed @jama7219 @HarleyGin @SmokeJam

Hey everyone!

I apologize for the lack of responses to your replies. If you guys still need help in recovering your account please send contact the accounts team through the anonymous online contact form and reply here with the 8-digit case or reference number and I'll make sure it gets to the right team. If you don't get a case number or reference number, just reply with the username and I'll get a representative to track down your case. 

If your case is resolved, please click the 'Accept as Solution' button and add your kudos!

View solution in original post

30 Replies

Hi, and welcome to the community!

I suggest you submit this online contact form; and someone at Spotify should be able to sort all this out for you.

If you get an automated reply; make sure to reply to it directly (even if it's from a no reply); and it will be sent to the Spotify staff.

Anthony 🙂

This post was by Taylor - I do not work for Spotify!
If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution! If you like my post - Please add Kudos!
||  Spotify Profile - Taylor   |  Feel free to PM me - Here  ||

After logging in with Facebook, are you able to change your account password itself on your profile page?

In any case, get in touch here and one of our lovely support team will be able to help out. They'll be able to recover your playlists too, don't worry.

--------------------------------------------------------------

For common support questions, see support.spotify.com.
To judge my musical taste, check out my last.fm.

Hi, thank you guys for responding.

I tried changing the password to the account after logging in through Facebook, but it didn't work as my password has been changed.

I completed the form and got the auto response so I'm hoping this can be dealt with shortly.

I really, really want my playlists back...

This sucks. Lol

Sorry to nag, but how long does this process usually take?

Is there anyway I could be helped now? I can verify anything that needs to be verified if it'll help speed it along.

Turbogame - Sorry about the delay. We can't deal with problems like this on the Community, I'm afraid. Too many security details are needed.

Sit tight though, one of the team will be with you shortly.
-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

Ok, thanks to customer support I was able to restore access to my account and change my password to prevent further abuse.

They were able to restore all of my playlists...except...my starred songs.

I'm wondering if that's something that can be fixed by the community? Once done, I'll mark this thread as solved.

Thanks again!

@Turbogame wrote:

Ok, thanks to customer support I was able to restore access to my account and change my password to prevent further abuse.

They were able to restore all of my playlists...except...my starred songs.

I'm wondering if that's something that can be fixed by the community? Once done, I'll mark this thread as solved.

Thanks again!

Hi,

Edit:

Feel free to go to this topic for information about recovering playlists, and if you fill out the form linked at the bottom of it, you should get your starred tracks back 🙂

Anthony

This post was by Taylor - I do not work for Spotify!
If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution! If you like my post - Please add Kudos!
||  Spotify Profile - Taylor   |  Feel free to PM me - Here  ||

same issue --- My Account has been HACKED!!!  Why is there no easy information to find this on your FAQ's Spotify?? I had to go outside the Spotify Community website to Google before I could find this thread. why is it so hard to find more information on it --- you are totally in denial!

My username : ruizmark

just checked this morning and my email has been changed to  -- how was the person able to do it without me getting a notification on my regular email address????

have already reported it # 02464145 - waiting urgently for your reply

same issue --- My Account has been HACKED!!!  

Why is there no easy information to find this on your FAQ's Spotify?? I had to go outside the Spotify Community website to Google before I could find this thread. why is it so hard to find more information on it --- you are totally in denial!

My username : ruizmark

just checked this morning and my email has been changed to nabgaueve@gmail.com -- how was the person able to do it without me getting a notification on my regular email address????

have already reported it # 02464145 - waiting urgently for your reply

@ruizmark 

I have forwarded your post to the support team at Spotify. Hopefully someone will be in contact soon.

Thanks for your patience.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hey @ruizmark,

The right team will get back to you shortly via email. 

Please bear with us.

Thanks!

My account was also hacked into yesterday. The auto email I received was very vague about replying to it. I have replied and am now waiting for an answer from the customer support team. The password and email were changed on my premium account. Hoping to hear back soon

Same happend to me, username vi0 i hope somebody can help me here. Last email i found that i received was a request to change password and it was in spanish...

Pretty sure some spanish guy changed my info :

I have been hacked too, same story as above.

ddlv1988

I never replied to an email or clicked on a phishing link.

this sucks, I really championed spotify but I might have to move to apple music for privacy reasons.

-snip-

Just contact spotify help, they helped me retrieve my account intact. Also
got free month premium.

This has happened to me too. Someone changed the email associated with my account. I forgot my password (or they changed that too) and now I can't log on. I'm only able to leave this message because I signed up for a new free account. Does this person have access to my credit card info? Is there really no phone # to get ahold of someone about this?

I evetually found a way to send a message to Spotify through a form that didn't require a login, but they sent a sta dard reply that directed me to the help community! 

Username of hijacked account: juls3305

Has anyone else had this kind of thing successfully resolved?

Julie

I can be reached -snip- or -snip-.

My account has been hacked as well. I emailed "account-details-changed" address and tried contacting through the contact form. I'm hoping replying on here might help as well.

My hacked account: HarleyGin

I don't know what else I can do. I'm just rather worried they deleted my playlists and got ahold of my payment info. 

I have dropped Spotify due to their lack of customer support and involvement when my account was hacked. It was a week and a half until I was back online. They responded with no sense of urgency or compassion. As a result they lost 4 premium accounts to Apple music. I refused to pay a premium price to a company that doesn't have a help support line. They also lost a big advocate. Switch to Apple music you won't regret it.

Thanks for the input. Is Apple music comperable to Spotify? Same music, features, etc? I've still heard nothing back from Spotify.

And at the moment I couldn't cancel my account if I wanted to, because I can't log in to it. Only the hacker can log in to my account!! They can't keep charging me if they don't resolve this, can they?

Julie

Suggested posts