Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Account Hacked / Playlists Deleted

Solved!

Spotify Account Hacked / Playlists Deleted

Please help.

My Spotify account has been hacked and the password has been changed. Luckily I can still login to the account as I have it linked to my Facebook account (which is protected by 2-step verification).

The email address was changed to a yahoo account that does not belong to me: ************@yahoo.com.

Is there any way I could verify that this account is mine and that I have lost access to it?

Please help.

Thanks.

30 Replies

Yeah, I know. I would expect they'd have to explain how this keeps happening to people and how they'll try to keep it from happening to us again.

If you get anywhere, reply here, will you? I'll do the same. Hopefully, we'll get it sorted.

Julie

This problem seems to spread... I used Spotify for over a year now with premium, and today my account was gone too, hijacked with password and Email change.

The interesting part: I didnt even get an Email about the Password change or anything. I already wrote the support too, hope they will answer soon, this was like my only way of listening music and I pay for it.

I just looked up my hacked account too, that **bleep** just uses it openly and follows more or less random people! Maybe guys be careful whom you follow or who follows you, I dont know but maybe it is an issue when you have it with facebook connected (But I cant log in over facebook, rly I have no clue whats going on)

I don't use Facebook, so I don't think that's it.  And I only followed a handful of people and no one followed me. I mostly just made playlists for myself. 

And yes, I can see my account. Playlists have been added - a bunch of Brazilian bands.

My email was changed to: -snip- and when I googled it came across this hack site in portogese:

-snip-

Marked as solution

@user-removed @brokenbot @user-removed @jama7219 @HarleyGin @SmokeJam

Hey everyone!

I apologize for the lack of responses to your replies. If you guys still need help in recovering your account please send contact the accounts team through the anonymous online contact form and reply here with the 8-digit case or reference number and I'll make sure it gets to the right team. If you don't get a case number or reference number, just reply with the username and I'll get a representative to track down your case. 

If your case is resolved, please click the 'Accept as Solution' button and add your kudos!

So, I can't tell if the email i got out meant that someone is going to help me or not, but my account got hijacked without any warning and someone changed the email to use theirs.

My case number is this # 03550953

That link just brings up the generic support site again that leads to sending a message and getting the response " we will get back to you at -accountthief at gmail.com"  I put in the body of text "do not reply to email associated with my account" but not sure if that will work.  This is just unfathomable that there is not a 24 hr support line.  I've spent hundreds of dollars on spotify premium.

username is djplanbizzle.  the email address that hijacked my account is desislaw_zevs@abv.bg.  whoever controls that email has changed the password.  i tried logging in through facebook and the website keeps trying to redirect infinitely, so i can't even access my own account page.

this is pissing me off that this happened, and i'd really like to enjoy a service I'm paying for without any issues.

can someone help me?
last night i saw some playlist on my spotify account that i have not added there, and i changed my password in fear of beeing hacked. and now i can't access my account. i get the message that my username/ email doesn't exit... i have over 3000 songs and i can't stand the thought if i've lost all my music.. i have sent my email to the support, with no answer and no email back with a confirmation from them. i want my account and playlist back.

My account also been hacked. Still no response from Spotify. The email that was used is a gmail account and the account has already been disabled. 

So I'm guessing they changed the email again and now I have no idea what email they are using. But surely Spotify can track which account is linked to my credit card and hand it back to me. 

Or else trace the email changes. 

They have also changed the user name. Because when I logged in through my facebook account, which I never linked before, I basically had to set up a new account and it accepted my old user name as a valid user name, so obviously not been used by anyone else anymore. 

My e mail is also a Gmail account... when i try to set Up a new account with the same e mail and username i have, i get the message that the username and email is already in use..and i sorta managed to connect through Facebook but i get this message that it's an error at the moment..maybe spotify have some technicals problems?

Same - when i log in via facebook, I can get to the support website but not to the account.  I get a redirect error which to me is clear that although the facebook account is still linked to this, because the email and account name has been changed internally in spotify's database it's trying look for something that's not there.  

this is incredibly frustrating to not get a response.  I've tweeted to Spotify and Spotfiy cares and haven't heard anything.  I've spent hundreds of dollars on spotify at this point and have gotten nothing.  this is complete horse**bleep**.  i'm cancelling my account with them and if possible will pursue legal action due to their shoddy security measures that don't do anything to prevent other people from getting into our accounts. 

Suggested posts