Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Account - disappeared?

Spotify Account - disappeared?

Plan - Premium

Country - Canada

Device - Samsung s6

My Question or Issue

My phone storage was filling up, so I decided to clear out some app data.  I cleared the Spotify app data and when I went back to the app, I was no longer logged on to the app.  So I went to log on, and it told me my username and password combo was incorrect.  I clicked on the password help and entered my email address and it told me that this email did not exist, yet this is the email that I have been logged on to and used to create my premium account.  I decided to create a 'new' account using my same email thinking the program would recognize this email as being already attached to an account, but it did not and I was able to create a new account.  I thought it would just sync my previous settings and favourites but it did not.  Also, it is now a basic free account and not the Premium account.  

Here is my question/concern:  will I be charged on my credit card for the Premium account which is no longer a premium account?  How do I recover my previous account with my favourites and playlists?  I will be refusing any charges to my credit card in the meantime.  

5 Replies

Hi there!

It sounds like you might be trying to log in with a different email address. I'd recommend checking this Support article here for more info.

Hope this helps!

Jose_MSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Nope...this is the email that I use for this and other accounts.  I am 100% positive this is the correct email.  

Hello @danalum20!

Thanks for your reply. In that case, I'd recommend you check your inboxes (on all of your email addresses just to be sure) for Spotify payment receipts, and you will know which email address has been used. You can also try to reset the password with the username instead of email address and see if anything pops up. I'd also recommend you try logging in with Facebook by choosing the Log in with Facebook option and entering their Facebook credentials. 

Let me know how this goes!

Jose_MSpotify Star

All is good now.  I have figured it out.  Thanks for all the advice.

Hey @danalum20! I'm glad to her everything's fine now. Make sure to let me know if you have any other questions and have a nice day 🙂

Jose_MSpotify Star
Thumbs_up500px.gif

Suggested posts