Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Bug Report: Company Possibly Affected by Russian Hack, Multiple Users Affected

Spotify Bug Report: Company Possibly Affected by Russian Hack, Multiple Users Affected

Plan: Free

Device

Macbook Pro 2013 or 2015

Operating System

MacOS Mojave

My Question or Issue

Recently myself and many other Spotify users(according to posts I've seen in these forums, have had Spotify login alerts from countries like Russia/Switzerland/etc.  I myself have gotten so many of these alerts that Spotify actually enforced a password reset for my account.  Now this was unnecessary as after the first login I forced a log out on all accounts, changed my password, forced logged out facebook accounts, changed facebook password, as have others(according to posts I've seen in these forums and speaking with people). 

Now, unless we ALL have the same key logger virus that's logging in to our accounts, accounts that aren't connected to any money source, this is a bug on Spotify's end.  I think this could be related to a recent network traffic route hack; https://www.zdnet.com/google-amp/article/russian-telco-hijacks-internet-traffic-for-google-aws-cloud...

example from another user:
https://community.spotify.com/t5/Accounts/My-account-was-accessed-from-Russia/m-p/4925459

1 Reply

Hello @maddilouise11,

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community.

We can confirm that Spotify has not been compromised and our users' data is secure. We're sending out emails with info to our user so they can check for any irregularities on their account.

This is a precautionary measure so that our listeners can take the steps to protect their accounts as quickly as possible in case they notice something is off.

We appreciate you reporting this to us and we'd love to help you further. Could you let us know if you still get these messages after following the steps here?

Let us know how you get on. We'll be here if there's anything else you need help with.

XeniaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts