Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Charging Wrong Card

Solved!

Spotify Charging Wrong Card

I don't know where else to ask this question and I can't find any contact information.  I originally set up my premium account to charge my debit card.  Recently, I changed that to a credit card, but Spotify has still been charging my bank card.  I double checked, the only payment available is the new credit card.  Why is it still charging my bank card?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Why don't you delete your payment info and cancel your subscription through the website, you will still be premium until the remaining days of your subscription are used up.

After you cancel, you can resubscribe to premium with the new card info to ensure that your offline music won't be deleted and that your subscription will renew correctly when it's time.

osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Sorry to hear that you're having trouble! Please fill out the questions here to see if we can figure out what is going on. It walks you through the steps to troubleshoot:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/custom/page/page-id/HelpFlow-Account

Let us know if there is anything else we can do to assist!

If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution!
Twitter | LinkedIn | Instagram
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?

The link didn't really help. It told me I may have made two accounts, which I haven't. It also gave me a drop box in which the only options were "missing subscription" and "missing playlists" which doesn't address my problem.
Marked as solution

Why don't you delete your payment info and cancel your subscription through the website, you will still be premium until the remaining days of your subscription are used up.

After you cancel, you can resubscribe to premium with the new card info to ensure that your offline music won't be deleted and that your subscription will renew correctly when it's time.

osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts