Plan

Premium

Country

Germany

Device

Ulefone Armor 9E

Operating System

Android 10

I'm encountering a problem with Spotify connect. Out of nowhere, I can see a strange device in my devices screen, a JBL bluetooth box (beneath the device name it says : "Kim is listening"). It only appears when I am connected to WiFi, I can join the session and play music.  I  am wondering wether someone has logged into my account, I've already changed my password and logged out of all devices, it still appeares. should I be concerned?

Screenshot_20220318-110958.png
3 Replies

Hey there @Knofi,

Thanks for posting this in the Community! 

This seems to be an odd issue, so let's try to get to the bottom of it first 🙂 :

1. We'd suggest removing any permissions from third party apps you don't recognize, you can do so from your account page.
Just tap Apps in the menu on the left, and REMOVE ACCESS next to the application you wish.
2. Check if the issue still persists and if it's visible only on your mobile device.
3. You may then restart your router and then change the Wi-Fi password as well for good measure.

Let us know how it goes.
We're here if any questions arise.

Many thanks!

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Same here but a but diffrent. Spotify autoconnect to device (searched it and it says its samsung phone). It happens when using wifi and cellular data

9ED18128-A989-42E3-A079-3843B40034BA.jpeg

Hey folks,

Thanks for reaching out.

@Knofi, it looks like you're seeing devices playing Spotify on your local Wi-Fi network as a part of our Group session on speaker feature. If you don't know the device and you're not connected to a public network, we'd suggest securing your Wi-Fi connection.

@whosmaciek, if you don't recognize the Samsung phone, it could be that someone else is using your account. In that case, please follow the steps for securing your account in this guide.

Let us know how it goes.

MihailYModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts