Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Connect does not work on Sonos after disconnecting Spotify account from Facebook

Spotify Connect does not work on Sonos after disconnecting Spotify account from Facebook

Plan

Premium

Country

USA

Device

Two windows 10 laptops with Sonos and Spotify programs

One Android 9 Pixel 3

My Question or Issue

I've been using Spotify with Sonos for a long time, and Spotify connect has worked fine. On both Windows laptops and on my Android phone, I could open the Spotify app, click the Devices Available button, and send what was playing on the Spotify app to my Sonos speakers (4x Play:1s). Recently I changed my Spotify account from logging in through Facebook to logging in through a separate user name and password. Now I can't use Spotify Connect because my Sonos speakers do not show up under Devices Available. I can open the Sonos app and browse to Spotify and play Spotify on the speakers that way. This is consistent across the two laptops and the android phone

Things I've tried to fix this:

- Rebooted the router

- Assigned static IPs to all devices on the local network and rebooted the router

- Ensured that Sonos speakers and Sonos controllers are on the same WiFi network

- Power cycled Sonos speakers

- Updated Spotify controller apps and Sonos software

What else can I try to get Spotify Connect working on my Sonos speakers? Do I need to reset something now that I no longer log in through Facebook?

Here is a Sonos diagnostic in case it helps: #165102901.

1 Reply

I also tried uninstalling and reinstalling spotify and sonos on one of the Windows laptops, but I still don't see Sonos under Devices Available.

Suggested posts