Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Desktop shows numbers instead of facebook username&profile picture

Solved!

Spotify Desktop shows numbers instead of facebook username&profile picture

Hi, I use Spotify Free on win10 desktop ONLY. I don't use it on mobile.

I login with Facebook.

From some time now, my (facebook) username and (facebook) profile picture disappeared and now I can see only numbers and no profile picture.

So, I tried the trick posted on this same forums:

I went to Spotify.com (win10 desktop), and logged out from all devices.

Then, I went to Facebook.com (win10 desktop), and removed the app.

Back to Spotify (win10 desktop), logged in with Facebook...

Still the numbers instead of my facebook username and no Facebook profile picture either...

Is this a new restriction for Free users? If not, what's wrong?

thanks!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Thank you for your quick respone @llagosWhen you opt out there, it keeps your account usable but it will stop using a lot of data, for example your name. You can read here what information exactly. 

With regards

Kate

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Hello @llagos  and welcome to the community!

Could you login on the website and go to Privacy Settings? Check if you have confirmed that Spotify can process your Facebook data. 

I also recommend you heading to your Facebook settings and make sure you have granted Spotify access to your personal data.

If that doesn't help, could you let us know if this only occurs in a certain device? 

If it does occur in a certain device, make sure to perform a clean reinstall of the app, including clearing the cached memory of the app.

Let us know how it works for you! 🙂

Hi @kejt_ 

I have DISABLED the option to "Process my Facebook data". As stated on this privacy policy:

When you opt out of Spotify processing your Facebook data, we will stop processing any Facebook data shared with Spotify except the personal data that enables you to sign into Spotify using your Facebook account.

So, if I disable this, I should still be able to login, but not display username/profile pic?

Unfortunately, it's not clear what data from Facebook will Spotify use/process... where is this information? Is this selectable? Let's say, I give permission to process my personal info (name, profile pict, etc.), but NOT my friends list, for instance?

Regards,

Marked as solution

Thank you for your quick respone @llagosWhen you opt out there, it keeps your account usable but it will stop using a lot of data, for example your name. You can read here what information exactly. 

With regards

Kate

Suggested posts