Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Double charged me for NINE MONTHS and I am having to beg to get the money back they took

Solved!

Spotify Double charged me for NINE MONTHS and I am having to beg to get the money back they took

I had a credit card that I just used for internet subscriptions.  I had it on autopay because I trusted the companies that I gave my credit card number to.  

Since then, I have gone through all my credit card charges, trying to cut down on my monthly expenses, and I noticed that Spotify has charged me twice for 9 months!  I bring this to their attention, and Spotify said that it was their fault.  When I logged in with Facebook, it somehow made two accounts.  So for 9 months, I was getting billed twice for premium service (only receiving one email a month from Spotify letting me know that my credit card was going to be charged).  The only fault I have in this is not checking my statement from the beginning.  

So instead of refunding me the money that they owe me, they want to give me credit.  At this point, I want nothing to do with Spotify.  I don't want free months, and that is what they keep offering me.  I have never had to work so hard to get money back that was taken from me.  Spotify, admit something went wrong, and fix it.  Why would I keep using your service when you keep trying to take advantage of me?  If you would have just given me the credit I was owed in the first place, I would be singing your praises.  

Spotify Case # 01250813

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi Kdolbeer,

Sorry that you feel this way.  I have sent you a reply to your case via the email system.

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Coming to this forum certainly helped. After I posted here I emailed customer service one more time and finally got a response. So either 3rd time is really a charm or somehow posting in this community sends off some techi smoke signals 🙂 ..Looks like this is happening all over spotify because when you sign up or in through Facebook it's actually adifferent account? or something like that. So you could have hit the Facebook sign up button by mistake or did so intentionally thinking that it would prompt your current account, but thats not the case. Seems it creats a whole new account, ergo (sp?) the double billing...anyways they kindly fixed the problem and when I asked for a credit they kindly credited my account. I, like you, LOVE my Premium account and didnt want to have to let it go (while I LOVE it I will kindly leave ANY service that doesnt respect their customers) so I was and AM one HAPPY Camper...hit up customer service one more time and you should get an email back, I'd bet within the same day. I'm back to being a spotify lover and poster gal again (lol) ...I hpe you have the same great experience...:)

Marked as solution

I am being charge twice ran month

Marked as solution

SAME PROBLEM HERE! Pretty messed up if you ask me. Im trying to figure out how to even get a hold of someone....

57 Replies

Unfortunately this isn't an issue which anyone on the community will be able to help you with, refunds and billing issues all have to go through the customer services team (who you are speaking to I would guess).

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

I totally understand that.  I am just letting it be know that it is an issue.  Maybe someone else is dealing with this as well, or maybe someone is looking at Spotify to use. 

It's really a sad thing.  I did enjoy Spotify when I used it, but the Customer Service does not live up to the product.

Marked as solution

Hi Kdolbeer,

Sorry that you feel this way.  I have sent you a reply to your case via the email system.

I just received an email from them, and they are refunding all of my money.  For those of you that are out there dealing with this, the third time is a charm.  

Yes I have a similar problem. I used to pay for it, but I then cancelled my subscription. It still keeps charging me though, and it has for over 2 months. Sometimes they even charged me twice, only paying me for one month. I want my money back, and I just want to actually cancel my subscription, cause right now I'm paying for something I can't even use anyway. Please help

Hey Snuuby,

I can only find one account with the email address attached to your community profile.  Could you please contact the support team via this link?

They will need any email addresses or usernames that you may have used.  If this does not find an account, they will ask you for your payment details - this will be described in the email case.  Please post your case number in a reply to this thread.

I am having the same issue. I have been double billed since July. I emailed the Spotify Support Team with my issue on October 7th and they have not responded to me. So when I saw the double billing on my debit card again this month I disputed the charges. This is a shame because I really enjoy the service but I am frustrated with the costumer service. 

@Nathan1985 - Could you let us know the 8-digit case number # from when you got in touch? It is in the automated email reply. We can ask someone to chase it up for you.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Hi I've been charged twice for the third month.

I put in a request with the support team on October 1st, did not receive any reply other than the automated email and have again been charged twice for November. 

I'm ready to dispute the charge if this isn't taken care of soon but I'd rather have this resolved with Spotify. How can I get this fixed? 

Thanks!

Hi @specs123 welcome!

Just reply directly to the automated e-mail and an employee will get back to you as soon as possible!

What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
Last.fm | Twitter

Backstage Intro - Meet Jordi!
What's it like to be in a Spotify Office?

Did I help? Please add a like!
Did I solve your issue? Please accept as the solution!

I am having the Same issue ...billed twice for like 7 months now, contacted customer service twice with no follow up 😞 ...I LOVE using Spotify but this has definitely put a damper on my experience

I am having the same problem, Spotify is charging me double every month. How can I make it stop. I don't want to cancel the premium service, however I need help on fixing this problem and them getting the six months I have been paying double as credit. I haven't been able to fix it myself and I will give it a one wee try if this works, if not I will complain with the "Secretaria del consumidor" in mexico where they take this issues very seriously and have closed website for this kind of problems with fraud allegations.

Marked as solution

Coming to this forum certainly helped. After I posted here I emailed customer service one more time and finally got a response. So either 3rd time is really a charm or somehow posting in this community sends off some techi smoke signals 🙂 ..Looks like this is happening all over spotify because when you sign up or in through Facebook it's actually adifferent account? or something like that. So you could have hit the Facebook sign up button by mistake or did so intentionally thinking that it would prompt your current account, but thats not the case. Seems it creats a whole new account, ergo (sp?) the double billing...anyways they kindly fixed the problem and when I asked for a credit they kindly credited my account. I, like you, LOVE my Premium account and didnt want to have to let it go (while I LOVE it I will kindly leave ANY service that doesnt respect their customers) so I was and AM one HAPPY Camper...hit up customer service one more time and you should get an email back, I'd bet within the same day. I'm back to being a spotify lover and poster gal again (lol) ...I hpe you have the same great experience...:)

Same here, double billed since January 2014. No reply what so ever from the customer support so far... Case #: 02120166

how did you get your refund???

After several days of emails and calls, I posted something on their
Facebook page. My problem was solved within 5 minutes after that.

Ok - I just discovered I have been double charged for over three years. (Mid month and end of month, so I didn't really notice it.) I am ALSO getting an offer to credit forward 6 months due to this error.

Could this potentially be a class action lawsuit? I'm so angry (at myself for not noticing) and also discovering they must have some sort of glitch for having this happen to be a help topic! The "fix" makes me even more angry! I wonder how much additional money they are getting from this!! Lawyers out there - please help!!

Hi, I have also been charged twice for several months. I figured out that spotify had added an additional account when I logged into facebook.

Therefore i have been charged for my email-account AND facebook account. I want help to get my money back.

Pls. forward this message.

I managed to delete my facebook-spotifyaccount, but the harm is still done. I didnt even get notified on email that I made a second account.

My email is maxhartviglarsen@gmail.com

and my facebook is max.larsen@hotmail.com

@maxi095

You should contact customer support through this link:

https://support.spotify.com/contact-spotify-support/

They'll help you sort everything out.

If you get an automated email directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you.

osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts