Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Double charged me for NINE MONTHS and I am having to beg to get the money back they took

Solved!

Spotify Double charged me for NINE MONTHS and I am having to beg to get the money back they took

I had a credit card that I just used for internet subscriptions.  I had it on autopay because I trusted the companies that I gave my credit card number to.  

Since then, I have gone through all my credit card charges, trying to cut down on my monthly expenses, and I noticed that Spotify has charged me twice for 9 months!  I bring this to their attention, and Spotify said that it was their fault.  When I logged in with Facebook, it somehow made two accounts.  So for 9 months, I was getting billed twice for premium service (only receiving one email a month from Spotify letting me know that my credit card was going to be charged).  The only fault I have in this is not checking my statement from the beginning.  

So instead of refunding me the money that they owe me, they want to give me credit.  At this point, I want nothing to do with Spotify.  I don't want free months, and that is what they keep offering me.  I have never had to work so hard to get money back that was taken from me.  Spotify, admit something went wrong, and fix it.  Why would I keep using your service when you keep trying to take advantage of me?  If you would have just given me the credit I was owed in the first place, I would be singing your praises.  

Spotify Case # 01250813

57 Replies

@EdgarCesarTapia

You should fill out the contact form, and someone from Spotify will be happy to help you within 24 hrs. Don't forget to check your spam folder for responses as they may end up there.

If you get an automated email directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you.

Alternatively, if you prefer support via Twitter, you can tweet @SpotifyCares or message Spotify Cares Facebook.

osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I have just found out I've been double charged since February 2016!

Please help

hello for some reason Spotify has set up  2 accounts for me and I have just noticed I am bwing charged twice a month  premium since April.. .how do i get my money  back please? 

Hey @Bexbayley

You should fill out the contact form, and someone from Spotify will be happy to help you within 24 hrs. Don't forget to check your spam folder for responses as they may end up there.

If you get an automated email directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you.

Alternatively, if you prefer support via Twitter, you can tweet @SpotifyCares or message Spotify Cares Facebook.

osorniosSpotify Star
Marked as solution

SAME PROBLEM HERE! Pretty messed up if you ask me. Im trying to figure out how to even get a hold of someone....

Hey @cottoncady84

You should fill out the contact form, and someone from Spotify should be able to help you within 24 hrs. Don't forget to check your spam folder for responses as they may end up there.

osorniosSpotify Star

Just discovered this as well. One charge on a credit card for 12.99 and on another for 9.99. 

Contacting customer support now

-Nic Roc

same deal for me - have you made any progress? 

Same here, used Amex and failed to double check. Have, unnecessarily, three accounts, one for me and one each for the kids. I was triple charged this month on different dates all through the month. Apoarently this has bern systematized anf going on for long. Posting on facebook innefiately resulted in friends discovering they were double charged. I really want my money back and I will make sure Amex blocks spotify altogether

I am also being charged twice per month and I having a frustrating time just trying to find out where I can raise this issue with them. I will never subscrbe to another app which does not offer phone support.

Can any one tell me how long it takes to address this issue and how to get my money back quickly.?

Hello

You should contact Spotify customer service immediately including their
twitter customer care @spotifycares

My issue was resolved very quickly. Being polite will go a long way and
their customer team was very helpful to me

hi I just noticed that I’ve been charged twice as well - I’m not sure how long it’s been going on for. How do I contact Spotify directly to get a refund? 

contact customer services and use their twitter handle @spotifycares to
have them examine your account

they may ask for specific transaction IDs to help locate where the extra
account was - most likely linked to facebook like mine

their customer service was very accomodating and was able to 100% resolve
the problem for me

I am having the same problem. They charge me $4.99, and then $9.99 a couple days later every month.

Hey @taylorkutz

Do you get email receipts for your subscription purchases? Search for one of them in your email account. In it, the Spotify username you're paying for is shown:

Username/ID:        xxxxxxx

If you're getting charged twice, it probably means you're paying more than one account. Checking your receipts is a way to confirm that.

Hope it helps. 🙂

osorniosSpotify Star

Spotify creates a fraudulent 2nd account when you log in with Facebook. This isn't an error, it's completely intentional by them. They're trying to make an extra buck (and it's working) on unsuspecting customers. F.U.C.K you people. I don't care how you phrase it, I know that's what's going on. 

**bleep** I just started premium and I got charged twice! I don’t know what to do and I don’t have the money to keep paying twice every month Spotify!!

Hey @owu_m-euy6t6

Did you get email receipts from previous subscription purchases? Search for one of them in your email account. In it, the Spotify username you paid for is shown:

Username/ID:        xxxxxxx

If you're getting charged after you cancelled, it probably means you're paying a different account. Checking your receipts is a way to confirm that.

Hope it helps. 🙂
osorniosSpotify Star

Suggested posts