Spotify Double charged me for NINE MONTHS and I am having to beg to get the money back they took

Solved!

Re: Spotify Double charged me for NINE MONTHS and I am having to beg to get the money back they took

mjrill
Casual Listener
Hello

You should contact Spotify customer service immediately including their
twitter customer care @spotifycares

My issue was resolved very quickly. Being polite will go a long way and
their customer team was very helpful to me

Re: Spotify Double charged me for NINE MONTHS and I am having to beg to get the money back they took

Alina2c

hi I just noticed that I’ve been charged twice as well - I’m not sure how long it’s been going on for. How do I contact Spotify directly to get a refund? 

mjrill
Casual Listener
contact customer services and use their twitter handle @spotifycares to
have them examine your account

they may ask for specific transaction IDs to help locate where the extra
account was - most likely linked to facebook like mine

their customer service was very accomodating and was able to 100% resolve
the problem for me

taylorkutz

I am having the same problem. They charge me $4.99, and then $9.99 a couple days later every month.

Highlighted

Rock Star 23
Rock Star 23

Hey @taylorkutz

Do you get email receipts for your subscription purchases? Search for one of them in your email account. In it, the Spotify username you're paying for is shown:

Username/ID:        xxxxxxx

If you're getting charged twice, it probably means you're paying more than one account. Checking your receipts is a way to confirm that.

Hope it helps. :)

osorniosRock Star 23
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

whtait
Casual Listener

Spotify creates a fraudulent 2nd account when you log in with Facebook. This isn't an error, it's completely intentional by them. They're trying to make an extra buck (and it's working) on unsuspecting customers. F.U.C.K you people. I don't care how you phrase it, I know that's what's going on. 

owu_m-euy6t6

**bleep** I just started premium and I got charged twice! I don’t know what to do and I don’t have the money to keep paying twice every month Spotify!!

Rock Star 23
Rock Star 23

Hey @owu_m-euy6t6

Did you get email receipts from previous subscription purchases? Search for one of them in your email account. In it, the Spotify username you paid for is shown:

Username/ID:        xxxxxxx

If you're getting charged after you cancelled, it probably means you're paying a different account. Checking your receipts is a way to confirm that.

Hope it helps. :)
osorniosRock Star 23
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.
SUGGESTED POSTS