Spotify Double charged me for NINE MONTHS and I am having to beg to get the money back they took

Solved!

Re: Spotify Double charged me for NINE MONTHS and I am having to beg to get the money back they took

Jordi
Community Legend

Hi @specs123 welcome!

Just reply directly to the automated e-mail and an employee will get back to you as soon as possible!

What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
Last.fm | Twitter

Backstage Intro - Meet Jordi!
What's it like to be in a Spotify Office?

Did I help? Please add a like!
Did I solve your issue? Please accept as the solution!

Re: Spotify Double charged me for NINE MONTHS and I am having to beg to get the money back they took

afrofunkymama
Casual Listener
I am having the Same issue ...billed twice for like 7 months now, contacted customer service twice with no follow up 😞 ...I LOVE using Spotify but this has definitely put a damper on my experience

esacal12

I am having the same problem, Spotify is charging me double every month. How can I make it stop. I don't want to cancel the premium service, however I need help on fixing this problem and them getting the six months I have been paying double as credit. I haven't been able to fix it myself and I will give it a one wee try if this works, if not I will complain with the "Secretaria del consumidor" in mexico where they take this issues very seriously and have closed website for this kind of problems with fraud allegations.

Solution!

afrofunkymama
Casual Listener

Coming to this forum certainly helped. After I posted here I emailed customer service one more time and finally got a response. So either 3rd time is really a charm or somehow posting in this community sends off some techi smoke signals 🙂 ..Looks like this is happening all over spotify because when you sign up or in through Facebook it's actually adifferent account? or something like that. So you could have hit the Facebook sign up button by mistake or did so intentionally thinking that it would prompt your current account, but thats not the case. Seems it creats a whole new account, ergo (sp?) the double billing...anyways they kindly fixed the problem and when I asked for a credit they kindly credited my account. I, like you, LOVE my Premium account and didnt want to have to let it go (while I LOVE it I will kindly leave ANY service that doesnt respect their customers) so I was and AM one HAPPY Camper...hit up customer service one more time and you should get an email back, I'd bet within the same day. I'm back to being a spotify lover and poster gal again (lol) ...I hpe you have the same great experience...:)

View solution in original post

vlauni

Same here, double billed since January 2014. No reply what so ever from the customer support so far... Case #: 02120166

katzlamb
Casual Listener
how did you get your refund???

kdolbeer
Casual Listener
After several days of emails and calls, I posted something on their
Facebook page. My problem was solved within 5 minutes after that.

DunahBee
Ok - I just discovered I have been double charged for over three years. (Mid month and end of month, so I didn't really notice it.) I am ALSO getting an offer to credit forward 6 months due to this error.

Could this potentially be a class action lawsuit? I'm so angry (at myself for not noticing) and also discovering they must have some sort of glitch for having this happen to be a help topic! The "fix" makes me even more angry! I wonder how much additional money they are getting from this!! Lawyers out there - please help!!

maxi095
Casual Listener

Hi, I have also been charged twice for several months. I figured out that spotify had added an additional account when I logged into facebook.

Therefore i have been charged for my email-account AND facebook account. I want help to get my money back.

Pls. forward this message.

I managed to delete my facebook-spotifyaccount, but the harm is still done. I didnt even get notified on email that I made a second account.

My email is maxhartviglarsen@gmail.com

and my facebook is max.larsen@hotmail.com

Rock Star 23
Rock Star 23

@maxi095

You should contact customer support through this link:

https://support.spotify.com/contact-spotify-support/

They'll help you sort everything out.

If you get an automated email directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you.

osorniosRock Star 23
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.
SUGGESTED POSTS