Spotify Double charged me for NINE MONTHS and I am having to beg to get the money back they took

Solved!

Re: Spotify Double charged me for NINE MONTHS and I am having to beg to get the money back they took

maxi095
Casual Listener

Thanks, do you know where i can find my case-number?

Re: Spotify Double charged me for NINE MONTHS and I am having to beg to get the money back they took

Rock Star 22
Rock Star 22

@maxi095 Once they get back to you, you'll get one assigned.

osorniosRock Star 22
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

maxi095
Casual Listener

Thanks!

They came back to me fairly quick and apoligized for the mistake. However, they said that they could only give me refunds on the latest payment, since the others was made over 14 days ago. Basicly their regular refund policy. This is not acceptable at all since I did not get notified on E-mail or otherwise that i had made a second account just by logging into facebook. They had basicly duplicated my debit- card information to the facebook account, which has to be illegal, since I wasnt notified on this.

I also found that i had been paying doubble for 12 months straight (!) which makes this even worse. I replied that the regular 14-day refund was not acceptable, and that I would like to be refunded all of it.

Rock Star 22
Rock Star 22

Didn't know about the 14 day policy. Let us knows how it goes.

osorniosRock Star 22

s-dot

I'm about to leave Spotify and file a lawsuit against them for this double charge. They did this last month, and I warned them not to do it again since they wouldn't refund/reverse that charge. I was lied to. They lied and said my bank did it. My bank  told me they never double charged, and I should know because I've been with my bank over 6 years, and that never happened before. thank god my bank disputed it, but I'm done with spotify for good if they don't give me my darn money back by 4pm today. Not playing with them about my money. I don't care if it's only a penny to you, don't touch nothing that's not yours. That extra 9.99 is not theirs and I want it all back.

mccarthy67
Casual Listener

I am currently having the exact same issue, but it has been for 19 months!! they are currently refuding to refund me. I musthave clicked sign in with facebook and didn't realise this started another account. They have been taking double payments since. On top of this, only one of the accounts has actually worked throughout! The other says payment info neds updated. I am getting automated replies only. It is very frustrating.

Rock Star 22
Rock Star 22

Hey @mccarthy67,

If you're getting automated emails directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to support@spotify.com and one of the customer services agents will get back to you.

Alternatively, if you prefer support via Twitter, you can tweet @SpotifyCares.

osorniosRock Star 22

Spotify Double charged me for EIGHT MONTHS and I am having to beg to get the money back they took

rtallerine

I just discovered that Spotify has been charging me double since February 2016. I have done some research and it appears that many other people have expereienced this same issue. I had no idea that my old spotify account was still attached to my facebook login and that it was being charged to my credit card. I emailed to request a refund, but instead was told that since it has been greater than 2 weeks since the charge posted that Spotify would NOT refund my money. 

I have enjoyed using spotify for a long time now and I am so upset that I am considering cancelling my subscription alltogether. It is completely unethical for a company to not resolve a serious issue that has been going on for at least two years now where customers are being double charged. If i do not recieve notification that my money is being refunded, I will dispute all the charges and cancel my current subscription and I will be sure to tell all my friends and acquaintenances about this issue. I would add a case #, but I wasn't even given one. It's also ridiculous that there is no phone number to contact customer service.

Trans. DateDescriptionCategoryAmount  

View Details01/06/16SPOTIFY NEW YORK CITYNYMerchandise$10.81 
View Details02/06/16SPOTIFY NEW YORK CITYNYMerchandise$10.81 
View Details02/27/16SPOTIFY NEW YORK CITYNYMerchandise$10.81 
View Details03/06/16SPOTIFY NEW YORK CITYNYMerchandise$10.81 
View Details03/27/16SPOTIFY NEW YORK CITYNYMerchandise$10.81 
View Details04/06/16SPOTIFY NEW YORK CITYNYMerchandise$10.81 
View Details04/27/16SPOTIFY NEW YORK CITYNYMerchandise$10.81 
View Details05/06/16SPOTIFY NEW YORK CITYNYMerchandise$10.81 
View Details05/27/16SPOTIFY NEW YORK CITYNYMerchandise$10.81 
View Details06/06/16SPOTIFY NEW YORK CITYNYMerchandise$10.81 
View Details06/27/16SPOTIFY NEW YORK CITYNYMerchandise$10.81 
View Details07/06/16SPOTIFY NEW YORK CITYNYMerchandise$10.81 
View Details07/27/16SPOTIFY NEW YORK CITYNYMerchandise$10.81 
View Details08/06/16SPOTIFY NEW YORK CITYNYMerchandise$10.81 
View Details08/27/16SPOTIFY NEW YORK CITYNYMerchandise$10.81 
View Details09/06/16SPOTIFY NEW YORK CITYNYMerchandise$10.81 
View Details09/27/16SPOTIFY NEW YORK CITYNYMerchandise$10.81

Re: Spotify Double charged me for EIGHT MONTHS and I am having to beg to get the money back they too

mccarthy67
Casual Listener

don't give up, they have eventually agreed to refund me for the double payments, but I had to be very persistent! keep emailing them and ask to speak to a manager. Good luck! The way they are able to do this is very poorly transparent business I feel and many people are falling into the same trap. All the best!

Bammy88
I have been getting charged from my bank and also been charged on my phone bill once November 2016 .I want a refund as I don't want to use this app any more !! Think it is sneaky and shocking that they charge you twice !!!!
SUGGESTED POSTS