Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify / Facebook / Fail

Spotify / Facebook / Fail

Have been using Spotify on a paid account for months, each month the payment is made and I listen to music. Cool.

But... Recently I saw this 'Connect to Facebook' login screen... I don't want to connect to Facebook.. I want to listen to music.

So.. I closed the window, closed down the social 'Activity Feed', went to preferences and unticked all the social Facebook stuff.. Now my account stopped and I lost all my playlists and every time I login... what's this? the Facebook popup is back! Noooooo..... So I have to repeat this process everytime now? BS...

Looks like there's a solution where you can connect to Facebook and then disable it and your playlists come back, but this a terrible user experience.

Not happy.

5 Replies

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂 

That is definitely a strange issue. Are you logging in using your Spotify username (not your email address) and password? 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Logging in using my Spotify username and password. Gave up and logged in via Facebook, then went to Facebook and disabled it, seems ok now. But don't like the way I was pushed to use Facebook, would have been nice to have an 'opt out of anything to do with Facebook' button.

Seems you've started a 30-day trial on a Facebook-connected account while keeping your Unlimited subscription on your main account running. Get in touch here and one of our payments team will get back to fix this for you. If you get an automated response, reply back to it directly.

--------------------------------------------------------------

For common support questions, see support.spotify.com.
To judge my musical taste, check out my last.fm.

Hi Adam thanks for the reply, really not sure what has happened but somehow it now appears that I have 2 accounts with the same information and just got a bill for the second account, please can you advice me how to fix this and get a refund for the extra account that I never wanted. Everything was fine until I got this popup forcing me to sign in via Facebook that I never wanted to do in the first place. Thanks, Simon.

@simonowendesign wrote:

Hi Adam thanks for the reply, really not sure what has happened but somehow it now appears that I have 2 accounts with the same information and just got a bill for the second account, please can you advice me how to fix this and get a refund for the extra account that I never wanted. Everything was fine until I got this popup forcing me to sign in via Facebook that I never wanted to do in the first place. Thanks, Simon.

Hey Simon 🙂 

If you get in touch using the link Adam posted above a member of the Spotify team will be happy to get that sorted and refunded for you. 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Suggested posts