Plan

Premium

Country

Device

(iPhone 😎

Operating System

(iOS 10, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue

I connect my facebook to spotify. And in doing so my spotify account now displays my name. However, spotify is displaying my chinese name, even though my facebook account is in English and my English name is the name by default. Is there anyway I can fix this or for spotify to fix it? My account name is owen_nrd.

Thanks,

Owen

7 Replies

Hi,

I didn't know there are different names in different languages. Does this only apply for languages which use a non english character set? Do you know?

How can you set up a language specific names in facebook?

Thanks,

René

Hey there @owen_nrd,

Thanks for posting about this here in the Community! 

If you'd prefer to see your Spotify username instead of your Facebook display name, you can try disconnecting your Facebook profile from Spotify with the steps in this Spotify Answer.

Alternatively, you can opt out of sharing your Facebook information with us. You can find out more details about this in this Spotify Answer. Keep in mind that this will affect the following:

1. You should see your Spotify username name instead of your Facebook display name.
  2. Your profile picture won't be visible on your Spotify account
  3. You won't be able to find Facebook friends on Spotify

Let us know how you get on! We'll be right here if you need more help.

Have a lovely day 🙂

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

I have the same problem. The issue is that Facebook allows you to add a language-specific name in a language that's not your account default language. However, Spotify seems to be picking this language-specific name to use rather than the account's default language (English) display name.

https://www.facebook.com/help/173049939419801?helpref=uf_permalink

Hi @zzyss,

That would indeed be nice. You can submit new ideas over here

Regards,

René

Sorry that wasn't a feature request. That's the description of the bug reported by the original asker and an explanation of how or why it's occuring. Anyhow... I'll go post something over on the Ongoing Issues forum.

Hi @zzyss,

It depends a bit if it's a bug. I don't know if ther's a manual or so that stares that spotify supports both formats. If it's not then maybe only english id implemented and it's a new feature to support both.

Regards,

René

If you have this problem can you please go and vote for this "Idea": https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/All-Platforms-Fix-display-name-for-Facebook-signups-when...
I couldn't submit a bug for some reason hence why it's an idea. If it gets enough votes it'll get Spotify devs' attention.

Suggested posts