Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Family Change

Solved!

Spotify Family Change

I've just upgraded to Spotify Family for four additional users, but now want to downgrade that to just three additional users. Can anyone tell me how I do this?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

You will have to cancel your current family plan, and sign up for a new family plan that has less members.

The number of subaccounts (i.e. the number of people you can invite) that you selected during signup cannot be changed. You may however cancel the subscription – at which point all members of the plan revert to Free level subscriptions if the current billing month lapses. You would then sign up again, selecting the number of subaccounts you want. You may re-invite the people you want to keep on the plan.

The instructions here for how to remove a member are for only if you want to replace a family member with another one.

Remove a member

Only the administrator of the plan is able to remove a member.

1. Go to your account page.

2. Click MANAGE YOUR SPOTIFY FAMILY.

3. Click REMOVE under the member you want to remove.

4. Click CONFIRM in the dialog box that follows. You can now invite someone else to the plan.

Note: If you remove a member, you’ll still pay the full amount for your plan each month.

You can contact support for help here:

https://www.spotify.com/about-us/contact/contact-spotify-support/

If you get an automated reply email, you need to reply back to it.

Support usually replies within 24-48 hours.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Thanks to MattJSuda for the response. This great new plan would be further improved if the number of family members could be adjusted up and down more easily

View solution in original post

11 Replies

Hello @frogzpawn, welcome to the community!

Follow the directions under "remove a member" on this help topic 🙂 

Hope this helped 🙂

Don't forget to add your Kudos and mark as a solution if it helped you!

Follow me on Twitter

Whats a Spotify Rock Star?

Marked as solution

You will have to cancel your current family plan, and sign up for a new family plan that has less members.

The number of subaccounts (i.e. the number of people you can invite) that you selected during signup cannot be changed. You may however cancel the subscription – at which point all members of the plan revert to Free level subscriptions if the current billing month lapses. You would then sign up again, selecting the number of subaccounts you want. You may re-invite the people you want to keep on the plan.

The instructions here for how to remove a member are for only if you want to replace a family member with another one.

Remove a member

Only the administrator of the plan is able to remove a member.

1. Go to your account page.

2. Click MANAGE YOUR SPOTIFY FAMILY.

3. Click REMOVE under the member you want to remove.

4. Click CONFIRM in the dialog box that follows. You can now invite someone else to the plan.

Note: If you remove a member, you’ll still pay the full amount for your plan each month.

You can contact support for help here:

If you get an automated reply email, you need to reply back to it.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Marked as solution

Thanks to MattJSuda for the response. This great new plan would be further improved if the number of family members could be adjusted up and down more easily

@frogzpawn 

You're welcome!

Spotify just recently launched family plans, so hopefully over time the whole setup will be better in the future. 

MattSudaSpotify Star

hi,

in my account there is no, manage your spotify family.

i added one son a month ago. Now i want to add another son, 13 years old. i don`t find out how to do it.........

i have contacted spotify. how can they call me to assist?

@froster 

I suggest you contact support so they can help you

If you get an automated reply email telling you to check the help section or the community, you need to reply back to it, even if it's from a no-reply address.

If you still have not gotten a reply:

Did you get a confirmation email from the contact form? It should be similar to "Spotify Support Case #XXXXXXX". If so, reply back to that email and tell them you still need help.

If you got an automated reply email telling you to check the help section or the community, you need to reply back to it saying you still need help, even if it's from a no-reply address.

If you never got an email, look in your spam folder to see if there is an email in there. Make sure you are checking the email account you used to sign up to Spotify. You can check the email on your account here.

MattSudaSpotify Star

min sønn har registrert seg med spotify med <snip>. Han skifta og til annen Hotmail, <snip> Da han skulle bruke "redeem" info - SPFzMDJkVrp5D, fungerte det ikke. Hans namn på Facebook er Trym Hansen Skarshaug. Hva Gjør vi for å ordne opp i dette. Jeg har betalt for han og trenger hjelp. Deres service er mangelfull nå.

Hey @froster are you trying to reset a password for you son's old account? Did he register through FB to start with? If so he can reset his details with facebook.com

There is no option to cancel family plan. The only current option is to manage family plan, which only allows you to send out invites. 

I tried to cancel my premium subscription, but it still will not allow me to cancel the family plan and select less people. 

hello.  I am having the same problem.  When i log on as the plan manager, i dont see the option for Manage your Spotify family.  I registered using an email address that I do not have anymore but was able to change it.  It is just very frustrating trying to amend the family plan members.

Hey @Sunashan,

Thanks for posting in the Community.

It's important to make sure you're using the right login details for the Family owner account so you don't accidentally end up in a different account.

You can check in which account you're logged in on the web page through this link. Also keep in mind, that managing a Family subscription is possible only through the web site and not the app itself.

Let us know how that went,

Cheers!

DianModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Suggested posts