Spotify Family (Q&A)

Solved!

Re: Spotify Family

artjomlebedev

Hi,

I am trying to setup Family on my account. I click UPGRADE and after that I get my card details page and there is no option for family setup :-( 

Any ideas why it is not working? 

Thanks. 

Rock Star 24
Rock Star 24

@artjomlebedev 

Make sure you are using the right page:

http://spotify.com'family

If you still have trouble,

I suggest you contact support so they can help you

https://www.spotify.com/about-us/contact/contact-spotify-support/

If you get an automated reply email telling you to check the help section or the community, you need to reply back to it.

Support usually replies within 24-48 hours.

MattSudaRock Star 24
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

NickJeffreys
Casual Listener

Can I easily extend this over time, I want to add 2 family members now and another later?

Fomilymom
Casual Listener

Hi!

HAve been browsing through answers and questins but have not found answers questions, so please help:

I already have a premium account.

I want to add my 4 familymembers to Spotify family.

When I click upgrade, I have to give my payment details again (they are already registered on my premium account.

Will I be charged both for my premium account AND myself as part of the family (administrator in this case).

Do I have to finish my premium account, go back to free and then do Upgrade to family?

Or how do I do it...

Thanks for any help (maybe I'm just thinking in a too complicated way and need someone to snap me out of it....)'

All the best from Fomilymom

Rock Star 24
Rock Star 24

@NickJeffreys 

From the family help guide:

https://support.spotify.com/us/learn-more/guides/#!/article/spotify-family

What if I want to add another subaccount to my plan?

The number of subaccounts (i.e. the number of people you can invite) that you selected during signup cannot be changed. You may however cancel the subscription – at which point all members of the plan revert to Free level subscriptions if the current billing month lapses. You would then sign up again, selecting the number of subaccounts you want. You may re-invite the people you want to keep on the plan.

So you would have to cancel and start the plan again if you want to add more people in the future. I know it's not the best solution. 

MattSudaRock Star 24

NickJeffreys
Casual Listener
Many thanks - will have to hold up upgrading then, really helpful response though and thanks for response speed
Highlighted
Solution!

Rock Star 24
Rock Star 24

@Fomilymom 

From the family help guide:

https://support.spotify.com/learn-more/guides/#!/article/spotify-family

I'm already on a Premium subscription. What happens when I upgrade?

If you're already a Premium user, don't worry! We won’t bill you until the time you’ve paid for has run out, taking into account the increased price. You can review your renewal date on the subscription page.

MattSudaRock Star 24

ferchl
Casual Listener

I had the problem ("For some reason, your code isn't being accepted"). Solved it by clearing browser data.

adamdaalder
Casual Listener
Thanks. The problem has been solved: the help desc had to delete some
settings

Adrianfava

Hello,

I will end my trial period today, tomorrow there will be a charge (or today at midnight, I suppouse).

I suscribed today for a familiar plan, I just want to make sure there will not be a double charge for a premium familiar account plus a premium personal account. How can I make sure this won´t happen?

Thank you! Have a great day guys!

SUGGESTED POSTS