Spotify Family (Q&A)

Solved!
Highlighted

Re: Spotify Family (Q&A)

progmetalzone
Regular

My wife asked me to add her to Spotify Family as I'm currently using the Premium subscription. Several issues with this:

1. Why do I have to enter in my credit card info when Spotify already has that on file?
  2. When I did enter the credit card info it told me that there was an issue with the card when I know there isn't. I tried another card and that didn't work either (I just used it to pay for coffee so it's not a problem with the card at all).
  3. My account is currently NOT linked to my FaceBook profile. Is that an issue for this purpose?
  4. Please let me know how this can be fixed so she can access the family plan. Thanks.

Highlighted

carolinenahr
hi one of the mail to invite a familymember isnt working, she doesnt got the mail... best regards from Caroline carolinenahr@hotmail.se
Highlighted

tomco1984
I did hard reset on my phone and when I logged back in to Spotify lost the gift offer for my family I had Spotify while another 2 months. How do I find my password now?
Highlighted

Nils74

I signed up for Spotify family last month but still one of my familymembers can´t upgrade her account. She got the invitation by e-mail but when she tries to update her account she got the message "invalid invitation code". We have tried several times and there is noone at Spotify to answer my question? Frustrated because they charged my creditcard from day 1.

Highlighted

whateveryugi

I could only see the options "Me+3 friends" and "Me+4 friends"

Can i subscribed the family plan with less than 3 friends?

Highlighted

MaryS
Roadie

@carolinenahr hey there 🙂

I assume the other invitations went smoothly, then I would recommend the receipient to check their spam/junk folder 🙂 

Solution!

MaryS
Roadie

Hey @tomco1984 🙂

If your Spotify account was created through Facebook, then it's your Facebook password that you'll need to reset. If yours is a Spotify standalone account, your can reset your password over here. Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

Highlighted

MaryS
Roadie

Hey there @whateveryugi 🙂

You can reduce the number of sub-accounts. In order for you to do this, you'll need to cancel your existing subscription first. After that, you can then resubscribe choosing the number of subaccounts you want in the plan 🙂

Highlighted

MaryS
Roadie

Hey there @progmetalzone 🙂

Thanks for allowing me the opportunity to help you. Here are my answer to your queries:

1. A credit or debit card is required in order to authorise your new monthly recurring charge, since Spotify Family has a different price structure (depending on the number of subaccounts you want in the plan.) If you're not comfortable providing your payment card information, you may however attach your payment card to PayPal and use your PayPal details to start the Spotify Family plan.

2. The problem you are having could be the result of a couple of factors. It could be that there was a temporary connection error with your bank when the payment was due to be processed. 

3. Not at all. Spotify Family subscription applies to all users in countries where the plan is available.

4. I would recommend getting in touch with Spotify Customer Support and they can look after for you on this. Get in touch with them through the online form, or if you have a Twitter account, feel free to send your concern to @SpotifyCares 🙂

----------------------------

Concert VIP

My wife asked me to add her to Spotify Family as I'm currently using the Premium subscription. Several issues with this:

1. Why do I have to enter in my credit card info when Spotify already has that on file?
  2. When I did enter the credit card info it told me that there was an issue with the card when I know there isn't. I tried another card and that didn't work either (I just used it to pay for coffee so it's not a problem with the card at all).
  3. My account is currently NOT linked to my FaceBook profile. Is that an issue for this purpose?
  4. Please let me know how this can be fixed so she can access the family plan. Thanks.

Highlighted

alexfaesi
Casual Listener

Hi, If i am premium user that is billed through apple app store, how do I upgrade my account to spotify family?  I tried to do it on the website but a message appears saying is not possible.  thank you

SUGGESTED POSTS