Spotify Family (Q&A)

Solved!

Re: Spotify Family

OviiiOne
Community Legend

Hello @matthartenstein , welcome to the Spotify Community!

The Holiday Premium can't be used for Spotify Family, and it can't be gifted, it's only for new users that never had premium before (free trial/paid).

Hello @lee1231 , welcome to the Spotify Community!

Yes, of course, but he must log in with email in the iPod,

Amandamill
Hi, I've just paid my monthly premium subscription today, but would like to take out the family option for my husband, but it's asking for another £15? Surely I should just pay £5 as I have just paid £9.99 for the month for premium? Help ;)

matthartenstein
Casual Listener

well that just seems silly! I want to gift it to someone who does not have Premium - my daughter has been using the free mobil app and I planned to gift her a subscription for the year. Saving money would be nice...

OviiiOne
Community Legend

The only solution I can see is buying it with her account and your money.

dktom
Regular
I'm with you on this not wanting to merge two premium accounts until I know the family account's full T&C's have you found these yet ?

Riddim
Casual Listener

Koop 1 maand Premium. En krijg er 2 gratis. Geniet van een seizoen lang offline en advertentievrije muziek.

Buy one month Premium. And get 2 for free. etc......

Does this also hold for spotify family? And thus all the family subscribtions will be 3 months, if you apply now?

Thanks in advance

1 person liked this

t3knophyl3

So are you saying with any change you want to make to the Family account you basically have to cancel the account and start over any time you want to add or remove someone? Am I the only one that finds that absolutely stupid? I mean this is not the early 80s, computing has come along ways and it should be a pretty simple function to add or remove and make changes to your account as needed. I am really baffled by this...

One question, what happens to all the locally downloaded songs for each member once they are free again before you upgrade back to premium via family? Will the DRM transfer or will they need to re-download any songs they want to have local offline copies of???

OviiiOne
Community Legend

Hi @t3knophyl3 , welcome to the community!

Yes, you need to cancel your account if you want to add another member, you might like this idea.

The synced songs will be deleted if you downgrade to free, so you'll need to sync them again.

NeilN
Roadie

Is the Family Plan available in Canada? Trying to figure out where it is.

jonohca
Casual Listener

Hi,

I have accepted the invite sent by a family member to my email.

However I am unable to log in as I am unable to sign uo on the "Sign up" page.

Please help,

Thanks!!

SUGGESTED POSTS