Spotify Family (Q&A)

Solved!
Highlighted

Re: Spotify Family

Rock Star 15
Rock Star 15

Hi @NeilN !

As you can see in the Family web page, Spotify Family will be available soon.

Hello @jonohca , welcome to the Spotify Community!

You must be in free in order to accept the invitation, if you are in free, but cannot accept it, you can do the following:

• Clean browser cache
  • Try in incognito mode
  • Try with another browser
OviiiOneRock Star 15
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.
Highlighted

Renok

Hi, So if I upgrade to a Family + 1 option, I would get the ability for 2 family members to use the service simultaneously + up to 6 devices used offline or is it 4 devices offline.

Thanks Much.

Highlighted

Rock Star 15
Rock Star 15

Hello and welcome to the Spotify Community!

Yes each member could use 3 offline devices.

OviiiOneRock Star 15
Highlighted

wpaterson
Casual Listener

good idea dismal rollout obviously designed to catch the christmas market but fell on its face

NO help

NO assistance

NO button to add mambers

in summary crap

Highlighted

user-removed
Not applicable

Hey guys,

I've just found out about the family discount and i've got a question about the billing. When i want to sign me up for the deal it wants me to pay the 20 euro immediatly (me plus 2 brothers), even when i already have premium. When i looked it up at the 'More information' section, it said that i will get billed at the next billing date (which is the first of januari). Since i dont want to pay a double tariff for december i was wondering how this actually works? 

Cheers, 

Laurens 

EDIT: I just found out i only need to authorize my bank for the monthly payment. So no 20 euro, but just 1 cents 🙂 Scuzi!

Highlighted

user-removed
Not applicable

So, something else. I've just upgraded to a family +2 account, but i just found out two family friends wat to opt-in aswell. I read at the FAQ that i'll have to cancel the subscription and do it again. But how will this work out? Can i cancel the subcription, and i think my account will go to free aswell, and just subscribe to a new family subscription? OR do i have to wait till the end of the stated subscription date (27th of december) and then i can renew my family subscription?

Cheers,

Laurens

Highlighted

Rock Star 15
Rock Star 15

Hi Laurens/ @user-removed , welcome to the community!

You must wait until the end of the period.

If you want to downgrade inmediately, you should contact with Spotify Consumer Support filling this contact form, or tweeting to @SpotifyCares.

If you receive an automated email that leads you back to the community or help pages, reply to it (even if it's from "no-reply") and one of the Spotify team members will get back to you as soon as possible.

Don't forget to check your Spam Box 😉

OviiiOneRock Star 15
Highlighted

user-removed
Not applicable

So, what will be the best way to get the two additonal members in the package without losing my premium status (since ive paid my monthly 10 euros for my premium the first of december) and not losing any money in the process. I've already filled in a contact form about the issue, but maybe you guys can help me out even faster 😉

Cheers

Highlighted

Rock Star 15
Rock Star 15

If you write Spotify for a downgrade, you won't get a refund, the only way not losing your money is cancel and upgrade when your period run out.

Maybe Spotify Support can help you.

You might like this idea: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Ideas/Please-make-it-easier-to-consolidate-family-members-i...

OviiiOneRock Star 15
Highlighted

haagiboy
Casual Listener

Hi;

Me and my girlfriend have  a question. We have a media PC that we use for Spotify. That PC is logged into my spotify account, and I can use the spotify connect option where I control the spotify on my PC with my mobile phone. If we upgrade to the family plan, can she use her mobile phone logged in on her account to control my spotify account that is logged in on the PC?

If you need something clarified please tell!

SUGGESTED POSTS