Spotify Family (Q&A)

Solved!

Re: Spotify Family

grnknight
Casual Listener

Edward from Spotify Support was kind enough to reset my account so I could go through the upgrade path once again to get to a Me + 2 family members Family account. That said, I was unable to upgrade to Family directly from Free - had to upgrade to Premium, then hunt down the e-mail with the link for the Family upgrade and go that route - so the process could still be smoother. 

But I seem to be up and running again with the account I was looking for. Thanks!!

SebastianSaint
Casual Listener
How do I sign up for the family plan? I'm on premium trial. There are no family plans listed when I click upgrade.
1 person liked this

OviiiOne
Community Legend

Hi there @SebastianSaint!

Welcome to the Spotify Community!

You need to go here and click "upgrade".

SebastianSaint
Casual Listener
My problem seems to be that the family plan hasn't rolled out to Canada yet.
1 person liked this

OviiiOne
Community Legend

Yes you're right, Spotify Family is not available yet in Canada.

2 people liked this

jpbriggs
Is there any way to migrate my wife's playlists into a family plan? We currently have separate premium accounts. I saw the post about expiring her current premium account, then adding her to my family plan; but will she lose all her playlists from her current premium account?

Thank you,

OviiiOne
Community Legend

Hi there @jpbriggs !

Welcome to the community!

The playlist your wife has is for her account (no matter if it's free or premium), but if you want to add her to the Spotify family, she needs to cancel her premium subscription, once she's on free, she can accept the invitation to Spotify Family.

Torool
Casual Listener

Hi! I'm having a weird issue. I just started spotify family with my dad, because he thought spotify looked interesting. The problem is that He just paid 145KR (Norwegian value) for himself an me. I have paid for spotify the last 3 years now, and have never seen a problem. This is the first time we tried the family spotify. After he paidd, nothing happened to MY account. I didn't get the premium. I followed every instruction, but didn't get premium on my account. My dad (johnaboy1 i think) he got his premium, that's no problem. So I was wondering why we just paid for everything, but I didn't get anything? Hope it is just a misunderstanding, because I know you guys are some honest people.

OviiiOne
Community Legend

Hi and welcome to the community!

So he sent you the invitation, you followed the steps, you complete it, but you don't have premium...

have you tried to log out and log in?

Torool
Casual Listener

Yeah have tried it like 10 times. Even on my phone and tablet. I followed evry step on the road. 

SUGGESTED POSTS