Spotify Family (Q&A)

Solved!
2 people liked this

Re: Spotify Family

NinjaTool
Casual Listener

Yay! My wife and I have seperate premium accounts, but are definitely upgrading to Spofity Family since the kids use them too... Now I have one VITAL question;

My account has been virtually destroyed by letting the kids (and initially the mrs.) use it, and have reached the point where NOTHING on the Discover list is relevant to my taste. So the real question; How can I reset the part of my "listening" history that is the basis of Discovery suggestions. And to what extend does the playlists I created for the kids influence Discovery? I know I might need to delete them and recreate them in the kids' accounts, but I'd rather keep them if they don't influence the suggestions I get.

Hope it's possible to clean this up without having to delete my account and create a new one, since this is already set up with my FB-account and all my friends and stuff.

Looking forward to hearing from you. Cheers...

1 person liked this

Carina
Community Legend

Hey @NinjaTool ,

as far as I know it's not possible to "reset" your account. I think your playlists won't do much to your discover page. Just listen to your music a lot of time and you will get personal suggestions. Please make sure you unfollow all artists you haven't added to the follow list (in case your family did) and maybe put the saved tracks from "Your Music" to a different playlist. Not sure if the "Your Music" section counts, too, but I would remove all music that is not yours :)

Re: Discount Family Subscriptions!

dktom
Regular

Did you get a result on this. We currently have two premim accounts. I need to merge all our playlists to this new account. I dont want to do this until I am sure it will work. Look forward to hearing.

Regards

Tom

dktom
Regular

OK need to know what the terms are for the Family subscription. Do we all have 3 mobile devices per person. How many tracks can we each download. How do we merge playlists from both Premium accounts....

Look forward to hearing from someone who knows....

dktom
Regular

Ok here is another question. On Spotify Family can you log in with your separate Facebook accounts !?

johnster57
Casual Listener

I recently went from a 30 day premium trial to a me + 1 other family membership on spotify.com.

I have sent the invitation twice and the recipient has not gotten it. He has checked gmail quarantine and nothing is there.

what do we do?

OviiiOne
Community Legend

Hi @johnster57 !

Welcome to the community!

If the other family member is in premium, he can't accept the invitation to Spotify Family, he need to downgrade to free.

DocSoton
Casual Listener

My bro has a 12 month spotify account, and when we have looked at adding me, theres only the option of paying £14.99 for both of us, no option to simply add additional member for £5?

johnster57
Casual Listener

The other user is not premium. He has a free account.

d2hamilton

I currently have a (student) discount as does one of my daughters. I'd like to switch to family plan so I can include my wife and other two daughters (5 total). I understand the following

* When I sign up it will switch me to the family plan fee after the month is over (I have a month by month)

* I need to unsubscribe my student daughter from her account before I can add her to the family plan

My questions are the following: 

* For my student daughter, can I sign her up as soon as I cancel her subscription even though she may have a few weeks left, or do I have to wait until those weeks are past and her subscription is over? 

* If I have to wait for her, can I go ahead and sign up for the 5 person family plan and add everyone but her and then send her invite in a few weeks when her plan expires and she is kicked back down to free? 

Thanks!

SUGGESTED POSTS